• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Abe Plinkin' "

Share/Bookmark

"Abe Plinkin' "

Ladies and Germs,

This is a re-visit to my "Abe Plinkin'", which I extensively rewrote today.

All of the instruments are from the GPO sample library.

(I love puns, don't you?)

Regards to y'all,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Abe Plinkin' "

it sounds like the soundtrack to a 50's sitcom. you were born a few decades too late it seems. cool piece though. i think it would be nice to put some really high bells in there or a glass armonica to add a little more texture without changing the feel. either way, good work - especially for one day.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller
    it sounds like the soundtrack to a 50's sitcom. you were born a few decades too late it seems. cool piece though. i think it would be nice to put some really high bells in there or a glass armonica to add a little more texture without changing the feel. either way, good work - especially for one day.
    I wrote it as an all-pizz piece so your suggestions are moot. I also wrote it for young, beginning composers as one example of many effects that can be achieved with pizzicato.

Thanks for listening.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Ah, the unmistakable lighthearted approach from you, Larry. Thanks for making me smile today.

What's next? George Washing Tons?

Paul
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Quote Originally Posted by daerp@mac.com
    Ah, the unmistakable lighthearted approach from you, Larry. Thanks for making me smile today.

What's next? George Washing Tons?

Paul
    Happy that you liked my little chune, Mr Paul.

Thanky, thanky for listenin'.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

i'll keep my moot points to myself from now on
    -Keith Fuller

---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

i'll keep my moot points to myself from now on
    What can I say to a reply like that?IIIIIIII Nothing.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

its not what you had to say, its what didn't have to say. telling someone that their points are totally irrelevant and lack any significance whatsoever is just considered rude where i'm from. the whole all of "your suggestions are moot" just didn't have to be written. i don't know if you meant it in a rude way, but it certainly sounded like it which is why i responded how i did.
    -Keith Fuller

---

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Larry, you always bring a big smile to my face. Very cool plinkin'!

It's funny how things go in cycles. There was a lot of pizzicato stuff on TV back in the 50's (or so my dad tells me ), and now you hear it again on "Desperate Housewives." It's a whimsical sound.

What were the 50's shows --- "My Little Margie" etc.?

Anyway, good stuff Big Lare!

Ern
    Thanks, Big Ern.

I'm much too young to remember the 50's.

I appreciate your listening, Dude.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

telling someone that their points are totally irrelevant and lack any significance whatsoever...
    Boy, you are inventing things that I didn't say and you know that I didn't say that. Stop your arrogant replies or this is going to spiral out of control.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast