• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tascam GVI Dongle...I want Run on more than 1 PC...

Share/Bookmark

Angry Tascam GVI Dongle...I want Run on more than 1 PC...

Hi ,
    I just purchased GVI and upon opening the box I found that it had the Syncrosoft Dongle.OK.. But, I wan to use GVI on more than 1 PC. Please don't tell me that I have to re-purchase the entire product over to have it on more than 2 PC's.. Or is there a way to just purchase another dongle license?

Re: Tascam GVI Dongle...I want Run on more than 1 PC...

Quote Originally Posted by jjdpro
    But, I wan to use GVI on more than 1 PC. Please don't tell me that I have to re-purchase the entire product over to have it on more than 2 PC's.. Or is there a way to just purchase another dongle license?
    This is standard End User License Agreement stuff (not just Tascam). You need another license to run it on two machines at one time. Contact Tascam about additional licenses.

If all you need is to install it on several PCs, but with it running on only one machine at a time you can do so by simply installing it everywhere you want it and transferring the dongle to the PC you are using.

fizbin

This is really ~~~~.
    With Native Instrument you could by it one time and use it on three machines!
    Tascam has to do it like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton Bruckner
    This is really ~~~~.
    With Native Instrument you could buy it one time and use it on three machines!
    Tascam has to do it like this.
    If you are running Native Instruments software on more than one computer at the same time you are in violation of the software license. An NI product provides one user license with two activations. The intent is to allow people to use their single NI license both at home and on the road, but not at the same time.

If you want to run an NI product on multiple computers at the same time, legally you are required to purchase multiple licenses.

From the NI website:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/in...cfaq_us#c39061

Can I use an NI product on both, my desktop and my mobile computer, or must I obtain a second license for this?

According to the license agreement your product can only be used on one computer at a time. If you want to use your product on your mobile computer as well, but not simultaneously, a second installation for mobile use is included under your main license.

P.S. -- There are many music software products that use either the Syncrosoft or iLok dongles. All of them have the same "use on only one computer at a time" license restriction.

GigaStudio has always been 1 license per machine. The dongle gives the advantage of being able to use GVI on multiple machines - say the desktop and then the laptop - just not at the same time.

Go Back to forum