• Register
  • Help

Topic: EWQL Gold : Cut-off notes

EWQL Gold : Cut-off notes

Maybe someone can help me with the following problem. When I record a legato stringline with EWQL Gold everything sounds fine, but when I playback my recorded part the notes are somehow cut off earlier.
    I'm using Sonar 6. Can someone help me out with this one?

Thanx already.

Re: EWQL Gold : Cut-off notes

Polyphony problems maybe? Check the overall polyphony of the Kompakt player you're using, as well as the individual instruments polyphony setting.

I am under the impression that this could be more Sonar related than EWQL related... I remember friends mentioning the same thing for Miroslav, so can't be too sure...

Ideas to try out:

* Try making audio less midi tracks (to not stress the hard disk). try soloing 1 track
    * Try doing a bounce real time and not off line (which will give much more time for your hard drive to catch up)
    * Try playing with the DFD settings in Gold. In the SOL page, search for the word "DFD" and find the latest upgrades. should do the trick...
    * It could be that your hard drive with the samples in needs some heaby defragmentation...

Other than that, I (we) don't have any more info from you to help you any further (cpu, RAM, hard disk speed, etc...)

Weren't there some problems using the DXI versions of the Kontakt derivative products in Sonar when using faster-than-realtime bounce? If you're using the DXI, try the VST instead, or as Nikolas suggests, bounce your tracks in realtime (I know, its tedious.)

I've installed the vst-plugin instead of the dxi and it works fine now!

Go Back to forum