• Register
  • Help

Topic: Reinstall Finale2006 GPO problems... Any ideas?

Share/Bookmark

Reinstall Finale2006 GPO problems... Any ideas?

Just got a new computer to replace my aging one. Reinstalled the full GPO, works fine. Then reinstalled finale 2006 with the Finale GPO, and its not working.

Every time i load an individual GPO instrument in the setup wizard it crashes.

Every time i load a GPO ensemble, it crashes when i click on "play through VST instruments" or "Native Instruments Setup" - it crashes.

And while i can here notes fine when I input them, when i play back a whole score the sounds are completely screwed up.

Any ideas? Done multiple re-installs, clean re-installs, etc. Have been dealing with finale support, who are very nice but don't seem to have the first clue.

Please throw out any ideas you may have of what i've done wrong!

Re: Reinstall Finale2006 GPO problems... Any ideas?

Did you also reinstall the Finale 2006c update? Somehow I doubt it.

yeah - i did. i've been going back and forth with finale support - have made sure i reload the c update each time.

to no avail

about to give up - just not sure if my best move is:

1) forget about using gpo in finale, since this is just for composing, not playback
    2) upgrade to finale 2007 (though that seems to have its share of probs too)
    3) switch to sibelius out of frustration....

any thoughts?

Might be that Finale and your audio driver don't get along. How about running GPO through Garritan Studio and routing Finale's MIDI Out ports to this (and unchecking "Play Finale through Native Instruments VST")?

thats similar to finale's position now - they say that since finale doesn't support ASIO, i need to make sure my card is not in ASIO mode. I have the RME HDSP 9832 and I have no idea how to do that!

Go Back to forum