• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Egyptian Song

Share/Bookmark

Egyptian Song

Just wanted to share:

I posted this earlier on another forum, and now I've made some mix updates which I think sound better. This is a film cue using all samples (RA, EWQLSO, Zimmer Guitars, G-Town).

http://www.johnmdavis.com/MP3/Second...20Egyptian.mp3

Hope you enjoy...

Re: Egyptian Song

J.,
    Thanks for sharing! It is a nice combination is is a pleasure to listen to.
    Cheers,
    Chris

It's the best ethnic song I've ever heard! It doesn't sound like samples at all. Can you make the ethnic intruments so realistic in RA?

Great work!

You write for the strings very well and the oud is pretty tasty too.

Two minor comments:

I think you could tone down the strings, especially the glissando notes.

Also, the Duduk is an Armenian instrument than Egytian. You would not be the first one to make this mistake however

Nice job though!!
    "International Award Winning Arabic Fusion"
    www.ajmusiconline.com

2xMac Pro 2.66, OS 10.4.9,Pro Tools 7.4.8,Waves Plat,Altiverb
    4xVisionDaw PC,NI Komplete, All Play 1.2.5 Libraries

Hey, I liked that.

This is very nicely done. I enjoyed it a lot. The oud solo and its various articulations are excellent. The dumbeks (I think they're dumbeks) are nicely patterned too.

Marko

Thanks for the comments. The realism in the oud is due to using lots of the keyswitches, and for the duduk I used many pre-built phrases. The string slides are built into the sample (in fact, I wrote the melody around them).

Glad you all liked it!

Bravo!

-chris

Quote Originally Posted by Audun_Jemtland
    It's the best ethnic song I've ever heard! It doesn't sound like samples at all. Can you make the ethnic intruments so realistic in RA?
    I agree that this is impressive, though I've heard some very good ethnic music, but this is definitely comparable to or even matching the best I've heard. This makes me think of something rather light hearted as opossed to a very serious scene, just in case you want to know how it 'feels' to people.

This is so coincidental because I just finished watching an Egyptian documentary on PBS and was thinking how terrible the background music was (electronic and totally mismatched to the topic) This would have been so much better. Very good work.

If you have time, I'd love to know your initial reaction to a very liberal arrangement I did of a Scriabin Preulde at http://crazyox.dmusic.com/ This was created for a mock score for the opening music of a hypothetical horror movie. I received a comment form someone at another site, "This is good work but not suited to a horror movie. It is more like the music from a scene in The Firm." I haven't seen the movie but have a pretty good idea what it was about and was surprised by the comment.

Quote Originally Posted by JMDNYC
    The string slides are built into the sample (in fact, I wrote the melody around them).
    Which strings did you use?

Go Back to forum