• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: Using chord substitutions...

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Using chord substitutions...

    All,

    This is the well-known "Begin The Beguine", in which I have used chord substitutions in order to deviate from the standard progressions.

    The strings are perhaps too loud. If you think so, I will do a re-mix.

    This is partial GPO. I hope that you like it.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: Using chord substitutions...

    Nice one...
    Wonderful harmonies...
    Thanks for posting!

    /engson

  3. #3

    Re: Using chord substitutions...

    Quote Originally Posted by engson
    Nice one...
    Wonderful harmonies...
    Thanks for posting!

    /engson
    It pleases me that you liked it. That makes the effort worthwhile.

    Thanks,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4

    Re: Using chord substitutions...

    Hi Larry,

    I am BACK in town!!! And the first thing I did..... yes, begin the beguine!!
    Nice chord harmonies, different from the standard, true, but refreshing.

    Greetings from a new system,

    Raymond

  5. #5

    Re: Using chord substitutions...

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    Hi Larry,

    I am BACK in town!!! And the first thing I did..... yes, begin the beguine!!
    Nice chord harmonies, different from the standard, true, but refreshing.

    Greetings from a new system,

    Raymond
    Glad to see you back with your new computator.

    Thanks for giving it a listen.

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6

    Re: Using chord substitutions...

    Oh I'm loving this--taking another listen. Your fresh arrangement of this standard completely works for me. I'd go so far as to say it's an improvement.

    You asked for feedback on the volume of the strings--I don't think they're too loud. They're a bit "blocky" perhaps, sounding a bit too much like keyboard chords and without as many dynamics as I'd prefer, but their volume seems appropriately supportive of the lead instruments and rhythm section.

    Nice!

    Randy B.
    (rbowser)

  7. #7

    Re: Using chord substitutions...

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Oh I'm loving this--taking another listen. Your fresh arrangement of this standard completely works for me. I'd go so far as to say it's an improvement.

    You asked for feedback on the volume of the strings--I don't think they're too loud. They're a bit "blocky" perhaps, sounding a bit too much like keyboard chords and without as many dynamics as I'd prefer, but their volume seems appropriately supportive of the lead instruments and rhythm section.

    Nice!

    Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Many thanks for your nice comments, Brother Randy. It's appreciated.

    Best to you,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8

    Re: Using chord substitutions...

    Very cool. The new harmonies are fresh without sounding jarring. They flow well too. I'll listen again when I have some more free time and let you know if any more insights come up.

    chris.

  9. #9

    Re: Using chord substitutions...

    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeZoot
    Very cool. The new harmonies are fresh without sounding jarring. They flow well too. I'll listen again when I have some more free time and let you know if any more insights come up.

    chris.
    I appreciate your comments, Chris. Thank you.

    Best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  10. #10

    Re: Using chord substitutions...

    The strings sound like an inexpensive synthesizer, to me,
    Larry, but certainly not too loud. In that, they're probably best
    kept submerged as you have them.

    Best,

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •