• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Introductory Greeting

Share/Bookmark

Introductory Greeting

Hello, Everyone!

My name is Sean Damon. I am a composer, guitarist, and very happy owner of GPO and J&BB.

Let me say on the outset that I fully agree with the overwhelming consensus of this forum. Sample technology has truly liberated the composer from reliance on the performer; especially those of us without the necessary connections to facilitate actual performances of compositions that, without such technology, would remain dormant on dusty bookshelves. Just as Mendelssohn’s family provided him with his own little orchestra for which to compose his wonderful works, developers and providers of this revolutionary technology, such as Gary Garritan, are providing all of us with virtual musicians through which we can finally communicate our music directly to the world—Hallelujah! While many people speak of creating “mock-ups” for use in their efforts to achieve actual performances of their works, I believe given a good high quality sample library as well as a high degree of proficiency in the art of sequencing, one should look at the very real possibility of selling performances of work straight from one’s studio; forget the performer altogether. Don’t get me wrong. It is true, of course, that no virtual reproduction will ever match the quality of a performance of a well rehearsed piece by an ensemble of fine musical artists, but I, for one, revel in the fact that we now have this new and extremely powerful tool for use in our efforts to contribute beautiful works to the world. Obscurity no more!

Sean

P.S. I have been listening to your contributions to the community for a couple of years now and I want you all to know that I am thrilled by the fine new music I have heard. May you enjoy great success through your efforts.

Thumbs up Re: Introductory Greeting

Hello Sean! Very nice to hear you're happy with GPO and JABB! We all welcome you to the Garritan family and excited in hearing your compositions soon!
    Just remember ...

Tha Man's Nuts ... GRAB 'EM!

Welcome Sean!
    Styxx

Re: Introductory Greeting

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Hello Sean! Very nice to hear you're happy with GPO and JABB! We all welcome you to the Garritan family and excited in hearing your compositions soon!
    Just remember ...

Welcome Sean!
    And...you've been initiated

Welcome!

Jon

Welcome! You will surely love it here!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Welcome to our community Sean
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Just remember ...

Welcome Sean!
    I wonder who is the NUTTIEST around here???!!!

Welcome Sean!
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Hello Sean and welcome!

Reegs

Hi and welcome!

It's a nice place to hang out.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

A warm welcome to the forum, Sean!

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thumbs up Re: Introductory Greeting

Welcome to the forum, Sean. Hope you will have many years of success making music, we look forward to hearing your compositions and reading your posts.

Best Regards,
    David

Go Back to forum