• Register
  • Help

Topic: Should I "Upgrade" to GVI?

Share/Bookmark

Should I "Upgrade" to GVI?

I was just poking around the Sweetwater store and noticed that you can't even buy GS3 Ensemble version any more (the one I have). But it seems most of the products are "upgrades" to GVI, from both Ensemble and Orchestra versions of GS3. Does GVI replace GS3? Or is it completely separate? Or is it an add-on? I haven't really been able to conceive of what GVI is exactly. If I upgrade to GVI, can I still use all the .gig instruments I have built up in my library? I've seen that GVI is supposed to be a "plug-in" instrument. What does it plug in to? I use Adobe Audition, which does not support instrument plug-ins.

I know, that was a lot of questions.

Ken

Re: Should I "Upgrade" to GVI?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Theriot
    I was just poking around the Sweetwater store and noticed that you can't even buy GS3 Ensemble version any more (the one I have). But it seems most of the products are "upgrades" to GVI, from both Ensemble and Orchestra versions of GS3. Does GVI replace GS3? Or is it completely separate? Or is it an add-on? I haven't really been able to conceive of what GVI is exactly. If I upgrade to GVI, can I still use all the .gig instruments I have built up in my library? I've seen that GVI is supposed to be a "plug-in" instrument. What does it plug in to? I use Adobe Audition, which does not support instrument plug-ins.

I know, that was a lot of questions.

Ken
    And they've all benn asked here a hundred times. Familiarize youself! Go to: www.tascamgiga.com and read up. Search this forum-you'll find lots of info.

And good luck with your decision.

Belbin

Re: Should I "Upgrade" to GVI?

YOu can get giga ensemble 3 from scitscat music. Google em up.

As for the GVI, i read a detailed review by keyboard mag and compared the features. GVI is actually a stripped down GS3 version. The only plus it has is being able to host as a VST which means unlimited polyphony. You could always run GS3 as a plugin using FX-max.

Go Back to forum