• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bela D Coffee Break

Share/Bookmark

Talking Bela D Coffee Break

Hi all!

Here’s a little thing that I did during my <cough> office <cough> coffee break (actually on Saturday morning). I used NI Battery 3 for the drums, and everything else is from the Bela D Media "Beta Labs" on our beautiful, sprawling, corporate complex.

You might notice the slight influence of a certain Canadian Trio.

Circle of Seven

…2112
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: Bela D Coffee Break

What a rip off!!!!

Nice Brian!

Thanks, I enjoyed it.

It's how I feel after a few venti's.

Cool! It sort of sounds like it was recorded live.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Talking Re: Bela D Coffee Break

Quote Originally Posted by C.M.Dess
    It's how I feel after a few venti's.
    Thanks guys!
    In all honesty I am a tea drinker (and Dr. Pepper). I just started drinking coffee with my wife in the morning (mostly so we can visit), but I put so much cream in it that I don't think it qualifies as coffee.
    But yea, I was juiced on caffeine of some sort, but mostly I was pumped at using the new toys from the Bela D Media beta factory.
    Fun stuff!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Brian rocks out --- most excellent! Who's the cool drummer!? And what's the wild flangey drums near the end?

I was dancing while trying to count to seven, and my right shoelace came untied and I fell on my as s. Thanks alot, Brian!

Ern
    Sorry Ern ,
    The title is deceiving. Actually it is mostly in 6 (superimposed 4) but I liked it better than “Circle of Six” so if you're expecting that extra beat it will make you fall down – sorry Ern! . But there are a lot of hidden/implied time things in there (including 7 at one spot). I tend to name my musical snips kind of like a bad painter – like “Fruit in a bowl”.
    The drummer was my two index fingers.
    The flanged drums at the end was just a “how do I get out of this thing with the least amount of effort?” kinda deal.

Go Back to forum