• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Improvisation

Share/Bookmark

Improvisation

I wonder, if someone is interested in a imroviastion, I made a couple of day ago. I played on my MIDI-Piano and recorded it with the JABB Stainway.

Improvisation

R.

Re: Improvisation

you have very nice themes, and it was well performed. did you play it or notate it, because it sounds too good to be notated in my opinion? i really like your modulation in the middle where it went to a minor key for a second. that part also had a very structured and classical sound to it - i don't know if it was the beat, the chord progression, or both. there were a couple times where it stagnated a bit. maybe add a little more in the repeated sections after a while (but this is just my opinion. it is, however, YOUR song). either way, it sounded really good. thanks for posting.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

That JABB Steinway has a lovely tone, doesn't it ? I really liked the chord-progressions you had between 1'40" and 2'00" (the minor-key sequence) and wanted to hear them developed further... now you've got the initial improvisation locked down, you could (if you liked) revisit some of the themes you started to explore. I'd be interested in hearing more if you did.
    Nice to hear some piano music on here !
    All the best

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller
    you have very nice themes, and it was well performed. did you play it or notate it, because it sounds too good to be notated in my opinion? i really like your modulation in the middle where it went to a minor key for a second. that part also had a very structured and classical sound to it - i don't know if it was the beat, the chord progression, or both. there were a couple times where it stagnated a bit. maybe add a little more in the repeated sections after a while (but this is just my opinion. it is, however, YOUR song). either way, it sounded really good. thanks for posting.
    Hello Keith, thanks for listening and your kind words. I played this piece and at the same time recorded it with my DAW. Here I killed the obviously failures. There is no Notation of this piece. Yes, I hear the stagnation. Maybe I change some parts of it, and make a real piece of that improvisation.

R.

Quote Originally Posted by vivmarsh
    That JABB Steinway has a lovely tone, doesn't it ? I really liked the chord-progressions you had between 1'40" and 2'00" (the minor-key sequence) and wanted to hear them developed further... now you've got the initial improvisation locked down, you could (if you liked) revisit some of the themes you started to explore. I'd be interested in hearing more if you did.
    Nice to hear some piano music on here !
    All the best
    Hello, Viv,

yes, I like the JABB Piano (of course I like the other Instruments too). Thank you for listening to my little improvisation. And you are right: every time I listen to that sequence at 1'40'' to 2'00'' I think to my self: why did you stopped there? I try to revisit it and to create a new piece from the ideas I put in.

You ask, whether there are more such improvisations. Indeed there are. Two of them I have already uploaded. If you want to listen here are the links:
    Impro II
    Impro III

R.

More and more, Locis, outside of Jazz, it seems to me
    that improvisation is becoming something of a lost art;
    though in centuries past, it was considered a fundamental
    skill for a pianist (or organist or harpsichordist).

I am most pleased to see you continuing in this time-
    honored tradition... very nice work on this!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Nice improv. You have some really nice ideas here. There was a section starting about 2/3 of the way through that had a different feel from the rest that I particularly enjoyed.
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    More and more, Locis, outside of Jazz, it seems to me
    that improvisation is becoming something of a lost art;
    though in centuries past, it was considered a fundamental
    skill for a pianist (or organist or harpsichordist).

I am most pleased to see you continuing in this time-
    honored tradition... very nice work on this!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Historians tell us that this was Chopin favorite way to play for an audience. Once upon a time in a land far far away it was also the only I would agree to play for others.
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Herr Locis,

Sehr gut ! Ich mag Ihre Musik !

Keep up the good work and be sure to post your music for all to hear.

With admiration,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hello, Rudolf

From the list of responses you have, it looks like you have the answer to your question if anyone here is interested in improvisation!--and I add my voice to the chorus, "Yes!"--especially when it's as entertaining as this piece you posted.

So many captivating themes--I'm glad to see you say that you want to pluck some out for more development.

You said that you recorded this directly into your DAW--I wonder what program you use? Many, such as the Sonar I use, have a Staff View, so that a notation version of anything recorded in the program is available. Of course for it to be legible as printed music, one would have a fair amount of editing to do with a free-time recording like this.

Thanks for the post!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast