• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone using BIAB with JABB successfully?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone using BIAB with JABB successfully?

If so, I need help. I have absolutely no problems using JABB in Sonar Producer 6.1 or in Project 5 v.2 but I cannot get it to work with BIAB 2007. If you have a tutorial or can give me some detailed instructions as to how you set it up I would greatly appreciate it. This should be a really cool marriage but so far they aren't talking to each other.

Thanks in advance.

(I'm trying to use JABB as a DXI plug with BIAB 2007)
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Re: Anyone using BIAB with JABB successfully?

Hi, Jaybee

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, but wanted to ask a question. You're using Sonar Producer 6 --!!--(heavy duty DAW, congrats!) as well as Project 5--Why are needing to also use JABB in Band In A Box?

It occurs to me that question could sound like implied criticism--It really isn't my intention. I'm just curious. I guess that BIAB somehow has something going for it that the top Sonar program doesn't, or it's just that you want to use that program's soft synths in combo with JABB?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Last edited by rbowser-; 04-24-2007 at 11:17 PM. Reason: additional thought

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hi, JaybeeIt occurs to me that question could sound like implied criticism--It really isn't my intention. I'm just curious. I guess that BIAB somehow has something going for it that the top Sonar program doesn't, or it's just that you want to use that program's soft synths in combo with JABB?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    That's basically it - BIAB is not a serious compositional tool for me, it's just a fun program that I've used for a long time over the years. As the new version claims to have improved DXI support it seemed like a no-brainer to me to combine the 2. The world won't end if I don't get it figured out but I'd like to just so I can see how it sounds.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky

I've also used BIAB for a long time. It's a really fun program if you want to lay down the basic tracks for a song quickly and easily. Then I import into Sonar and start working on the arrangement.

Also a great way to learn some of the riffs for various styles.

Charlie
    (day job)
    CEO, Cognetics Corporation

www.cognetics.com
    (night job)
    musician

Jaybee,
    I have BIAB and POWERTRACKS 11 both by www.pgmusic.com
    They have a forum for BIAB. I would search there. One of the things is a link to a slim tutorail for JABB and BIAB.
    Here is link to Matt Finlay's article current as of 4-25-07
    http://www2.taconic.net/finley/garritan.htm

If anyone has found a way to get the CC1 controllers to work properly on BIAB or PTA11 as GPO or JABB requires, I would be interested any clues or links you may have. Sonar LE is good for GPO and probably JABB, but when you get fairly adept at a particular sequencer, changing is time consuming.

The other problem I had is that everytime I refresh the synth window in PTA11 it reloads all the GPO samples in use. This is a major inconvenience.
    I may just be sticking with Sonar LE

Frees0ngz

Well, I think I'm going to give up on it for now. All the "good" info I've gotten says you should run JABB as a VST from BIAB. Apparently, when I installed JABB I only installed the DXi version and I don't want to have to go through the NI registration again just to get a VST version. If I come up with something I like using VSC I'll just export the MIDI tracks into Sonar and patch JABB from there.

I also found the constant re-loading of JABB patches to be a major PITA. Another reason to give up . . . for now. They do reccommend disabling the mod wheel in the settings window of JABB to give control of CC1 back to your host.

Thanks for your reply.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky

At least in the K2 version of JABB, all instruments will have a default Mod Wheel setting, and also will respond to cc#11 as an alias for cc#1...

That is, if Native Instruments ever coughs up the fixed version for us! :P

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Go Back to forum