• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Les Chanps"

Share/Bookmark

"Les Chanps"

All,

This is a re-visit to my "Les Champs", featuring the GPO Steinway piano.

Be cautioned that throughout the piece, I "turn the beat upside down" in the left hand, which can be unsettling to some people because the meter (Brit. - metre) has a tendency to feel 'unnatural' and 'backwards'.

Regards to all,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Les Chanps"

Hi, Larry--Well I guess I like "backwards" because this has a great feel to it. And this also goes to show that the GPO piano can sound So good.

From reading your intro to this, I anticipated getting a lift from listening--I wasn't disappointed.

New theory--there's something in the water down there where you live. Is your whole city full of composers??

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hi, Larry--Well I guess I like "backwards" because this has a great feel to it. And this also goes to show that the GPO piano can sound So good.

From reading your intro to this, I anticipated getting a lift from listening--I wasn't disappointed.

New theory--there's something in the water down there where you live. Is your whole city full of composers??

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Present company excepted, there are some really fine musicians/composers here in Tyler, Texas USA. The East Texas Symphony Orchestra is located here plus there are some great music departments in all of the colleges here.

There is nothing in the water here except purity and goodness.

As always, I thank you for listening to my efforts and commenting.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

"...nothing in the water here except purity and goodness..."

Well THat explains it! You're all drinking the good stuff and composing the good stuff. Maybe I should move to Texas.

I always seem to live where the only safe thing to do is to drink bottled water, which might contain purity, but it's also blaaaand. No musical inspirations found in THose particular bottles.---Now, in Other bottles---Grey Goose Vodka, most any Scotch, some Brandy bottles, Jim Beam, maybe some Tequila----etc---

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Yes, I remember this from the prior post last August.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

This is cool Larry!

I like the upside down beat.
    I think you have JABB don't you?
    I would love to hear this recorded with the JABB piano.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    This is cool Larry!

I like the upside down beat.
    I think you have JABB don't you?
    I would love to hear this recorded with the JABB piano.

Dan
    I will try it with the JABB piano and if it sounds better I'll remix it and re-post it.

Thanks for listenin', Mr. Dan.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

that would be super marvy Larry
    Thanks!
    Dan

Ern! You're so right about the Reggae pulse on the one and three--I Almost said that earlier. Love it.

Larry--This really is a fun piece my friend.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Larry, that's not an upside down beat. It's obvious you've been spending time in Jamaica and/or listening to reggae. The Bob Marley influence is all over this piece.

Seriously, I liked this alot! I wish I could play piano that well. I could probably have played that when I was 8 years old, but something happened to me, which is probably Freudian.

Great work!

Ern
    Never been to Jamaica and that's not the last verse to that song. I have no intentions of going.

I'm pleased that you like this, Mr. Ern.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast