• Register
  • Help

Topic: To whomever is in charge of this forum...(third request)

Share/Bookmark

To whomever is in charge of this forum...(third request)

This is my third request for you to increase the size of the first page in the Listening Room so that people's compositions don't scroll out of view so quickly. If you have no intention of complying with these requests, please let us know.

Thank you.

Larry G. Alexander
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: To whomever is in charge of this forum...(third request)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    This is my third request for you to increase the size of the first page in the Listening Room so that people's compositions don't scroll out of view so quickly. If you have no intention of complying with these requests, please let us know.

Thank you.

Larry G. Alexander
    Hi Larry,

This has been brought up a few times under Gary's post about the future of the Listening Room. It's a credit to this site, Gary, his team and all the contributing composers and reviewers that so many people are posting to the forum. I'm sure there's a solution and that we will see something done to address the problem before too long.

Best wishes, Graham

Larry,

In the long thread about the Listening Room, someone brought up the fact that the page size can't be changed. It was spoken like it was a forgone conclusion that it wasn't an available option. As one whose been bumped - or burped - off the page, I know where you are coming from. But then, we have all experienced that.

All the best,
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl
    Larry,

In the long thread about the Listening Room, someone brought up the fact that the page size can't be changed. It was spoken like it was a forgone conclusion that it wasn't an available option. As one whose been bumped - or burped - off the page, I know where you are coming from. But then, we have all experienced that.

All the best,
    I think they should be able to change the "forum default" number of posts. I noticed under my profile options, I was able to bump up the number of posts per page, and the oldest post settings. The option it is set on is called "forum default". And the forum default stuff is not very good, IMHO. So I reset my stuff to show 30 posts up to a week old.

Now... if we could just get everyone to do that... or the forum admin to change the forum default settings. lol
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Quote Originally Posted by jesshmusic
    I think they should be able to change the "forum default" number of posts. I noticed under my profile options, I was able to bump up the number of posts per page, and the oldest post settings. The option it is set on is called "forum default". And the forum default stuff is not very good, IMHO. So I reset my stuff to show 30 posts up to a week old.

Now... if we could just get everyone to do that... or the forum admin to change the forum default settings. lol
    Your suggestion didn't work for me I tried the 30 post thing and still only got two of Mr. Alexander's posts.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by rayzalaf
    Your suggestion didn't work for me I tried the 30 post thing and still only got two of Mr. Alexander's posts.

Ray

I see. We don't want to be able to see more posts, what we want to see is more threads. Hmm. And I thought I was so clever. Back to the drawing board.
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Thanks for your replies, everyone. I won't make a fourth request.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Yeah, I fourth that!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum