• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Video: Creating Soundscapes with Stylus RMX and T-REX

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Video: Creating Soundscapes with Stylus RMX and T-REX

Nine Volt Audio begins its free online video series with a tutorial titled “Creating Soundscapes with Stylus RMX”.

The tutorial is a 20 minute, step-by-step tutorial showing Stylus RMX users how to create an eight part tonal and melodic soundscape.

The tutorial utilizes loops from Nine Volt Audio's latest release Textural REX. All loops used in the tutorial are available for download, which allows owners of Stylus RMX to follow along with each step. Users are also welcome to download the Stylus RMX multi file created in the lesson.

Techniques and features of Stylus RMX covered include: creating custom Edit Groups, Rack Effect Combinations and the Chaos Designer.
    The video can be viewed at www.ninevoltaudio.com by clicking on the "Video Tutorial" rotating image on the right side of the screen.

Nine Volt Audio is not endorsed or affiliated with Spectrasonics.
    Kyle
    www.NineVoltAudio.com
    info@NineVoltAudio.com
    Loop libraries designed for users of Stylus RMX, Reason and other REX format players

Re: Video: Creating Soundscapes with Stylus RMX and T-REX

Nice work on the vid.

I noticed a dead spot where there was audio only and no video changes from about minute 10:00 to 10:30 so maybe have a look to make sure it's not on your side.

I'm gonna go have more of a look at TexRex now!

thanks!

plays fine on my mac on both safari and firefox 2.

Did you let it fully load before playing?

what machine/browser are you on?

rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Hi Steve,
    Glad you dug it and thanks for watching!

Any video playback hiccups probably only happened because many people were probably watching/downloading the video at the same time (right after the announcement was made).

I re-examined the spot you mentioned and it appears fine.

I hope you enjoy T-REX.

Thanks!
    Kyle
    www.NineVoltAudio.com
    info@NineVoltAudio.com
    Loop libraries designed for users of Stylus RMX, Reason and other REX format players

A really great showcase of Nine Volt's sounds, but just as much it highlights the utter brilliance of RMX. Maybe it's just me, but I never feel confident that the average RMX user really "gets" what a superior Rex-file player RMX is compared to other options.

Obviously, I love the Nine Volt stuff, and consider Kyle's loops to be almost "essential" add-ons for RMX. I never fail to be inspired by his work. Almost every loop conjures all sorts of possibilities.

This is a great tutorial for people who normally just load up loops and hit "play" -- there's so much more potential to customize the sounds and make them your own, after all...

Anyway, THANKS for the video.

Outstanding job Kyle! :-)

Believe me....I know how much work it is to produce one of those!

Cheers (and thanks!),

spectrum

Kyle, much appreciated! Really helpful.

Is there a particular reason why you chose to have the video streamed, and not downloadable?

Thanks

Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel W
    Is there a particular reason why you chose to have the video streamed, and not downloadable?
    I second this question -- I'm not sure if it's possible, or if you aren't keen on the idea -- but I would really love to have that downloadable.

Thanks, Kyle. What I found inspiring was the general idea of building some grooves by thinning out some rex files so drastically. I hadn't thought of reducing them so much in order to bring out new grooves. So I'm not going to try that out. Fascinating how can twist and alter the initial material. Keep up the flow of ideas - this is very helpful.

That 'not' was of course meant to be 'now'!

Go Back to forum