G-Town Cymbals,Anvil and Tamborine
    And The University of Iowa Trombone & French Horn
    And the Free Westgate Trumpet

http://files.filefront.com/Storm_Wat.../fileinfo.html

Re: "Storm Watch 2"

hi aug,

nice piece, very cinematic.

two remarks, if I may:

1. imho you slightly overused the reverb, resulting in some kind of artificiousness of sound. maybe you wanted to make the track more dense this way, which leads me to next point -
    2. there are lines in your piece which sound like only part of whole mix (ie submix), they are too modest (but not Mussorgski ). At least light support of cello/double bass section would add more drama, more tension, more solid texture.

I think if you'd work on it a bit more, it will be very, very good.

Hi Aug. This is nice, good work! One thing I would say is to be careful of the range of the trumpets. While the notes themselves are all do-able for a professional, the part tends to consistently hang around way up there, which can take away from some of the realism. At one point I think they're holding a sustained note on what would be their high E for a Bb trumpet, which again, is certainly not uncommon, especially in jazz, for example (reference - last note of In The Mood is a D), but it's definitely getting into screaming range for this style, especially at that dynamic. Just my opinion of course. I liked it, sounds cool!

- Chris
    Intel E6600, 4 GB RAM, WinXP Pro, M-Audio Audiophile 192, Cubase 4.5.1, GVI 3.64, Kontakt 3.0.2

Question Re: "Storm Watch 2"

2. there are lines in your piece which sound like only part of whole mix (ie submix), they are too modest (but not Mussorgski ). At least light support of cello/double bass section would add more drama, more tension, more solid texture.

Mussorgki??? huh?

Modest Petrovich Mussorgsky (Russian: Моде́ст Петро́вич Му́соргский, Modest Petrovič Musorgskij, French: Modeste Moussorgsky) (March 9/21, 1839 – March 16/28, 1881), one of the Russian composers known as the Five, was an innovator of Russian music

Go Back to forum