• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Installed Strad and found what looks like GPOlibraries

Share/Bookmark

Installed Strad and found what looks like GPOlibraries

I installed GPO Strad 2.0, authorized it, launched the Kontakt Player 2, and instead of Stradivari 2.0, it offered me a list of instruments: Woodwinds, Brass, Percussion, Harp, and so on. So it looks like the Kontakt 2 player is looking in the wrong place for its libraries. How do I tell it the right place to look?

Re: Installed Strad and found what looks like GPOlibraries

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Koenig
    I installed GPO Strad 2.0,
    "GPO Strad 2.0"? I know of "GPO KP2" and of "Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin 2". The former (downloaded from NI) would give you the instruments, you mention. In case of the latter, click "Info" and set the path to "Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin".

I meant the latter, sorry.

So I click "Start", "All Programs", "Garritan Stradivari SOlo Violin" and hover over "Kontakt Player 2." I see that it is trying to take me to c:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt Player 2.

Now I launch the player and it displays the aforementioned inappropriate instruments.

What I do not see is any place marked "Info" that I can click.

Do you own both GPO and the Strad? If so, then it sounds like you have both the Kontakt 2 player versions installed.

Jim

The Info button I referred to is this:

Don't you have the Stradivari Library box?

Now I see why I'm confused. When I start Kontakt 2, I get something completely different. The top of the image looks like your sample, but it doesn't say Garritan anything on it. And before you ask -- No, I haven't purchased Kontakt 2 from any other source.

I don't have a server on which I can conveniently post the image, but I can email you a screenshot if you like.

For anyone else reading this thread, I had a bit of an email exchange with Nickie Fønshauge who suggested several things for me to try, none of which worked.

So far, the folks at Native Instruments are equally baffled. They suggested setting the default library path on the options menu; but when I do so, it seems to have no effect. Whatever I do, KP2 starts up and tries to load the Finale GPO samples.

I'm still waiting for a reply from Native Instruments to the results of my latest experiments, but right now I'm frustrated. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Hmmm... This quote from Nickie from another thread suggests why NI's advice isn't helping:

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    There was never any database maintenance functionality in the Kontakt Player 2. KP2's "database" is the set of registered libraries; you set the path to each library in its "Info" box, and if you add any instruments/multis to a library, the "database" automatically gets updated. If don't think Options | Search has any function in KP2. It's a remnant from K2, that NI forgot to remove.

If you click a library's Instruments or Multis button, you will only see the Instruments/Multis of that library.
    So what must be happening is that somehow "the set of registered libraries" is wrong. Where can that set be found?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Koenig
    So what must be happening is that somehow "the set of registered libraries" is wrong. Where can that set be found?
    In the Content Registry key, we discussed.

Btw, the Options path does have one effect: Subfolders "Instruments" and "Multis" of the folder specified in Options will appear in the "User Instruments" and "User Multis" drop down menus.

The trouble is that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Content is the same on both of my machines, to wit:

k2lib0101 StradivariSolo Violin
    k2lib0102 Finale GPO 2.0
    k2lib5000 UserPatches

and yet the two machines behave differently from each other.

Go Back to forum