• Register
  • Help

Topic: Interesting "Logic Pro X" info...

Share/Bookmark

Interesting "Logic Pro X" info...

Hello folks,

Some of you already know about the new book "Logic Pro X Power" that was supposed to be released on April 30, 2007 (I know, because I preordered it a few days ago). This raised many eyebrows since a book would have to follow the release of Logic Pro X (if that is what it is called). I just checked Amazon's site again, and the release date has changed. It is now scheduled to be released on November 30, 2007. Interesting, huh?

James III
    James G. Eakin III, DMA
    Composer-In-Residence,
    Turtle Creek Chorale
    Assistant Director-Film Scoring program,
    Aspen Music Festival & School
    www.jameseakin.com

Re: Interesting "Logic Pro X" info...

Quote Originally Posted by JamesIII
    Hello folks,

Some of you already know about the new book "Logic Pro X Power" that was supposed to be released on April 30, 2007 (I know, because I preordered it a few days ago). This raised many eyebrows since a book would have to follow the release of Logic Pro X (if that is what it is called). I just checked Amazon's site again, and the release date has changed. It is now scheduled to be released on November 30, 2007. Interesting, huh?

James III
    This was a placeholder created when Orren Merton signed the deal for the previous book. Any listed date has no real world meaning.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

I don't find it a coincidence that OS X Leopard was recently delayed until October and the new release date of the book is now set for November. According to some of the whisperings, the new Logic will be Leopard-dependant. If this is indeed the case then the November release date seems tied to Leopard somehow. Mind you, this is pure speculation on my part combined with a little deductive reasoning. As the last poster stated, this might simply be a placeholder for the new book. I just hope that it won't be seven months till the new Logic release. It's going to be a long seven months if that is the case!
    James G. Eakin III, DMA
    Composer-In-Residence,
    Turtle Creek Chorale
    www.jameseakin.com

Quote Originally Posted by JamesIII
    I don't find it a coincidence that OS X Leopard was recently delayed until October and the new release date of the book is now set for November. According to some of the whisperings, the new Logic will be Leopard-dependant. If this is indeed the case then the November release date seems tied to Leopard somehow. Mind you, this is pure speculation on my part combined with a little deductive reasoning. As the last poster stated, this might simply be a placeholder for the new book. I just hope that it won't be seven months till the new Logic release. It's going to be a long seven months if that is the case!
    That is a reasonable assumption. I am just pointing out what Orrren himself told me.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic
    That is a reasonable assumption. I am just pointing out what Orrren himself told me.
    Well I can't argue if you've heard it from the "horse's mouth." Hey, what's a forum without intrigue and speculation?! Thanks for the info, Ashermusic. Tell Orren I'm looking forward to his new book (since I've already preordered it) whenever it is released.

James III
    James G. Eakin III, DMA
    Composer-In-Residence,
    Turtle Creek Chorale
    www.jameseakin.com

Orren has talked about this on other forums. He and his co-author basically have the same info as we do regarding the release date and they base their place-holder dates on when they think Logic might be released. Now that Leopard has been delayed until at least October all signs point to Logic being released sometime after so you get the date change.

I'll be suprised if the next Logic is announced before next winter NAMM.

Go Back to forum