• Register
  • Help

Topic: Virtuoso Series Returns with Free Violins Download for EXS and Kontakt 2.2

Share/Bookmark

Virtuoso Series Returns with Free Violins Download for EXS and Kontakt 2.2

Some of you may have noticed that the name "Ruby" has been replaced. After personally meeting with several prominent musicians, composers and arrangers, many suggested that rather than continue with the "jewels", that I should restore the Virtuoso Series trademark and go "modular" with the great new sounds.

Virtuoso Series Pro

I had previously updated a full string patch (when it was still called Ruby) where there were many crossfades between the various sections, and the samples cut off after a couple seconds. Although I thought this sounded good, I think maybe it might have not really represented the separate sections accurately. So I put up some violins that have full length samples, but limited key ranges. They're available at http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/download.php in both EXS and Kontakt 2.2

Re: Virtuoso Series Returns with Free Violins Download for EXS and Kontakt 2.2

I think it's a good idea because Virtuoso series were very popular and people will
    make the connection more easily...

..I hope that make sense.

Wink Re: Virtuoso Series Returns with Free Violins Download for EXS and Kontakt 2.2

In this way we attain faster the individual results of your work, one after the other one. Very well!
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Any plans to have Giga versions of your new samples???

I think that makes sense. The Jewel analogy was never a clear indication of what level the libraries were. The website is much improved too, all in all makes it a more pro approach.

Are there any new plans for crossgrading from Emerald? I can't find the Get-Emerald-Now-With-No-Risk offer on your website anymore. Will there be crossgrade offers for the modules or only for the whole set?

Yes, there will be a crossgrade path. I'll be implementig that and putting in up on the website in the next day or so.

Hi K. H.,
    I really hope you consider adding human pitch correction for brass. That tiny bit of tuning variation in the brass with a gradual return to pitch just sounds great in real brass/wind orchestras. (I'm listening to some now on SoundClick.) Of course it behaves differently, but I think it is definately there.
    Cheers,
    Chris

I really appreciate this, Kirk... however, I cannot seem to find the downloadable content on your site. All I see is "coming soon"?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabus
    I really appreciate this, Kirk... however, I cannot seem to find the downloadable content on your site. All I see is "coming soon"?
    Yes, this is because I wanted to change some of the samples, but it will be there soon.

Go Back to forum