• Register
  • Help

Topic: Complaints about Listings on the Listening Page

Share/Bookmark

Angry Complaints about Listings on the Listening Page

I usually use a computer monitor with a high resolution screen to view the listening room, but through a technical problem with it, I today, have used my laptop with a 1680 x 1050 pixel screen. This brings to light an issue not raised recently by someone complaining about the number of threads available on page one. A MAXIMUM of 12 letters or numbers in a members name can be shown before said members thread uses two lines on the page, therefore reducing the number of threads shown. This is especially noticable when a frequent poster is active. The very same member who has been complaining about lack of threads on page one has a very long name including a middle initial. Could we perhaps have a policy where there is a maximum length of members name which takes up one line only.

Ray

Re: Complaints about Listings on the Listening Page

This might be caused by your browser's font size settings... all the names show up on one line on my computer. Also, this shouldn't reduce the number of threads shown.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by rayzalaf
    I usually use a computer monitor with a high resolution screen to view the listening room, but through a technical problem with it, I today, have used my laptop with a 1680 x 1050 pixel screen. This brings to light an issue not raised recently by someone complaining about the number of threads available on page one. A MAXIMUM of 12 letters or numbers in a members name can be shown before said members thread uses two lines on the page, therefore reducing the number of threads shown. This is especially noticable when a frequent poster is active. The very same member who has been complaining about lack of threads on page one has a very long name including a middle initial. Could we perhaps have a policy where there is a maximum length of members name which takes up one line only.

Ray
    You are obviously referring to me. Why don't you say so?

My "long" name shows up as one line on my computer also. If I thought that I was inconveniencing anyone by taking up too much space, I would change my name.

The length of my name has nothing to do with the number of threads that are displayed.

Larry G. Alexander
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Have a look to your browser's font size settings...
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Go Back to forum