• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hans Zimmer

Share/Bookmark

Hans Zimmer

Hey all...Have anyon here visited hans at his studio? Is it even possible? where is it?

Re: Hans Zimmer

Yeah I was there the other day, we were just hangin' out playin' some PS3 and hittin' the billy.

Last time I hung out with Hans he got all drunk and kept crying about his ex-girlfriend. Then we called up some hookers and played strip twister. It was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Audun_Jemtland
    Hey all...Have anyon here visited hans at his studio? Is it even possible? where is it?
    A friend of mine went to Remote Control studio to give a resume and a CD with a demoreel , he really struggled to give it because, man, there are tons of guards at the entry door of Remote Control. Very tall 1,90 m guys . I don't think it's possible to visit Hans without a rendez-vous

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCarter
    A friend of mine went to Remote Control studio to give a resume and a CD with a demoreel , he really struggled to give it because, man, there are tons of guards at the entry door of Remote Control. Very tall 1,90 m guys . I don't think it's possible to visit Hans without a rendez-vous
    hehe.Well are bodyguards standing around him at music convensions too? hans have from time to time stood on certain stands at namm and etc. advertizing for a product

I emailed Zimmer a few times when it was still Media Ventures. I'm sure he's amazingly busy being a musical studio head himself (practically). While I'm so-so insofar as his music is concerned, I do respect that he's trying to bring new talent into the fold. And he's done it with guys like Mark Mancina and John Powell.

I still have an EQ magazine that profiled his main recording room back in 1992 and it looked awesome. He was still using a KX88 (why doesn't Yamaha resurrect this controller? They have none on the market!!!) and tons of racks.

I snapped a repro of a picture from the old Snake Ranch studio that I find hilarious (in a good way) for a friend:

http://flickr.com/photos/dahnielson/425395177/

I also found an interview in Roland Inside from 1994 about the Roland equipment used to produce The Lion King soundtrack. Here's some of Hans Zimmers studio stuff at the time listed in the article: R-8M (1), D-550 (1), SP-700 (3), JD-990 (4), MKS-20 (1), MKS-70 (1), JD-800 (2), MKS-80 (3), JX-10 (1), S-760 (8), SRV-330 (8). Actually there was a total of twenty S-760 at Media Ventures at the time and what I gather from the interview all dearly required for playback of the score.

some of you here must have talked to him.or seen him at convensions? And where can you follow up if there's any concerts going on with music from movies?

Hans Zimmer will be one of the feature speakers at the Composer expo in Los Angeles this July. Look at....

http://www.composerexpo.com/

I am pretty sure that I will be attending,... although I do not write for film.

David

Try youtube. There's a lot of videos of the man uploaded to the site. Just enter Hans Zimmer. Interwiews and music stuff.

Best,

Sjamus
    Nuendo 3,2, GPO, Reason 3, Wavelab 5, Recycle 2,1, Konnekt 24D, Macbook Pro 17“, 2GB RAM.

Go Back to forum