• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Brooding Boris

Share/Bookmark

Brooding Boris

Well, since I'm on this genre kick, I had this old melody kicking around I finally decided to develop it. Again, this is just a short demo in what I think is "Russian" sounding - maybe? Your thoughts are welcome.

Thank you for listening.

~Paula

Russian Demo
    Cheers!
    Paula

Remember to Play www.thepunkduck.com

Re: Brooding Boris

I think this works very well - you capture the style without it being a cliche. It seemed to end abruptly - did you intend it go longer, but only posted a part? It certainly could go longer (that's a compliment).

Thanks for posting this.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Yeah, this is all I finished this weekend. I had the melody for awhile, but I set it aside and forgot about it until I started thinking about styles for movies and what I hear in film scores. Not sure what genre I'll try next... I have a JABB thingy that I think sounds kind of James Bond-ish that I'm too embarassed to post, but maybe the criticism would help me get it right. But, that's another thread. Thank you for your compliments and this is one that I agree I would definitely like to expand into something larger.

~Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Franco-Russian, maybe... rofl? The softer sections do sound
    rather Slavic; but those beautifully lush interludes (superb
    orchestration on those) strike me as more European in
    tradition.

Oh, heck. Nevermind what it "is", Paula. Just go finish this.
    There's excellent material in this, and it's talking to you...

Develop me... develop me... develop me...

Hear it? Yes? I knew you would.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hello, Paula

What a treat to have another piece from you already! It's really lovely with its Russian/Slavic/European blend--JOlting to have it stop where it does currently. I'm longing for the next section!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Troubled Topol

Hi Paula
    could be Clarinetist on the roof but it doesn't have the same ring as Fiddler.
    I enjoyed this SHORT orchestration, as with other posted comments, I'd love to hear more.

Ray

OK OK!! I'll see if I can actually finish something! But, seriously, I really apprectiate your uplifting remarks. I will definitely see if I can't work on another installment soon and try to keep it sounding like something Russianish/Europeanish. Thanks so much for listening.

~Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll
    Well, since I'm on this genre kick, I had this old melody kicking around I finally decided to develop it. Again, this is just a short demo in what I think is "Russian" sounding - maybe? Your thoughts are welcome.

Thank you for listening.

~Paula

Russian Demo

Ok, liek the other said: MORE. more more more.

Seriously, did you have some sort of "program" in mind when you where writting this?

Ed
    //
    // Ars longa, vita brevis
    // http://edosbear.blogspot.com/
    //

Great orchestration, love the combo of pizzicato, clarinet, and later on the triangle and tambourine fit perfectly. I love when the cymbals clash and the strings come in at 1:00. Great counterpoint with that bassoon! Really a fun piece, thanks for sharing! I can definitely hear the "Russian-ness"
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Soooooo, Paula---You said you were inspired by the responses here, and would be expanding this piece. Been working on it? More to post for us? Or someting entirely new? HUmmmM?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast