• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ease Vibrato of Solo Strings

Share/Bookmark

Ease Vibrato of Solo Strings

I am trying to do a quartet of Bach's "Air on a G String" and am finding that the solo string vibratos are much too pronounce. Is there any way to lessen this? Seems like all the solo strings do this.
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Re: Ease Vibrato of Solo Strings

schneb,
    the quick answer is no.

The samples arer exactly what they are. When each note was recorded, the soloist was instructed to play with vibrato. Therefore, the vibrato is pary of the sound. May I suggest purchasing Garritan's Stradiovari Solo Violin and The Garritan Gofriller Solo Cello. There is also a solo viola being released in he near future.

These instruments give the user virtually unlimited use of dynamics, vibrato, and all the other fine things that strings are known for.

Dan

schneb,
    the quick answer is no.

The samples are exactly what they are. When each note was recorded, the soloist was instructed to play with vibrato. Therefore, the vibrato is part of the sound.

May I suggest purchasing Garritan's Stradivari Solo Violin, and The Garritan Gofriller Solo Cello. There is also a solo viola being released in the near future.

These instruments give the user virtually unlimited use of dynamics, vibrato, and all the other fine things that strings are known for.

Dan

OK, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a setting or technique.

Thanks!
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Go Back to forum