• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help! Gofriller sound problems

Share/Bookmark

Help! Gofriller sound problems

[Sorry! I just realised I posted in the wrong forum... DOH! Admin please move]

Hi all,

I have just installed and activated Gofriller cello with no problems. However, I am only able to play what sounds like random harmonics.

I am aware that keys B1 - C1 on the keyboard are supposed to be key switches, but these keys do not have any effect over the sound at all. Generally, key switch notes are coloured yellow in Kontakt, are they not? Keys B1 - C1 are plain white on my setup. The only coloured keys are blue, which is where a sample is present.

I have an Evolution MK-249C² MIDI Keyboard (12 assignable controllers), a pretty basic MIDI controller plugged in by the MIDI ports (Can also be plugged in by USB, but Windows won't always detect it when it is). However, I do not have foot pedals. Could this be my problem?

I really am quite and not to mention frustrated. My system specs can be found in my sig if required, and thanks in advance for any suggestion that may help me to fix this problem.

Dan The ³Ocular
    Hardware: CPU - AMD Athlon64 X2 4800+, MotherBoard - ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, RAM - 2GB DDR400, Videocard - nVidia 7800 GTX, Soundcard - Creative Audigy 2 ZS (Cough!)

Software: OS - Windows XP Pro, FL Studio 7

Libraries: Kong Audio - ChineeWinds, Garritan - Stradivari 2.0, Gofriller & currently saving for GPO.

Smile Re: Help! Gofriller sound problems

Quote Originally Posted by JustDan
    I have just installed and activated Gofriller cello with no problems. However, I am only able to play what sounds like random harmonics.

_snip_

I do not have foot pedals. Could this be my problem?

I really am quite and not to mention frustrated.

Dan The ³Ocular
    Hi Dan,

Yes, your (common! ) problem is the lack of a pedal.

As mentioned in the manual, you need to send MIDI CC (continuous controller) #11 to the Gofriller to hear anything else than the faintest ppp tones.

HTH,

/Joey

Re: Help! Gofriller sound problems

DON't know FL but you may be able to draw in CC#11 .
    In Sonar it's available in the piano roll view.
    At some point you WILL need some controller to transmit cc11
    Fred

Re: Help! Gofriller sound problems

Quote Originally Posted by JustDan
    Generally, key switch notes are coloured yellow in Kontakt, are they not? Keys B1 - C1 are plain white on my setup. The only coloured keys are blue, which is where a sample is present.
    In Kontakt Player 2 KeySwitches may (but don't have to, as in Stradivari and Gofriller) be pink. The Gofriller's KeySwitches is the octave immediately below the blue keys.

To get CC#11 data you could assign your keyboard's assignable slider to CC#11. Better than nothing, but far from perfect.

Hi again,

Thanks all for the replies. Ok then! So I definitely need to buy a couple of pedals, a new controller keyboard as well, because the mod wheel doesn't seem work on mine anymore and it only has a sustain pedal input, but none for expression.

I am still not getting any key switching and the sound seems to randomly change on its own. I just don't get it and I am beginning to think that I have bought into something that is well over my head with this instrument... Well, 2 actually, I also bought Stradivari. I'm keeping that one in its wrap though!

I'm throwing them in the too hard basket for now and I'll stick to my synths and soundfonts. I know what I'm doing with those ... Damn! This was an expensive mistake.

Thanks again all.

Dan The ³Ocular
    Hardware: CPU - AMD Athlon64 X2 4800+, MotherBoard - ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, RAM - 2GB DDR400, Videocard - nVidia 7800 GTX, Soundcard - Creative Audigy 2 ZS (Cough!)

Software: OS - Windows XP Pro, FL Studio 7

Libraries: Kong Audio - ChineeWinds, Garritan - Stradivari 2.0, Gofriller & currently saving for GPO.

Go Back to forum