• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio with VST reverbs----Crash

Gigastudio with VST reverbs----Crash

Hey guys.....

I have two boxes with Gigastudio on them...I am using Altiverb as an VST reverb. They both have 3.21 installed.... One of my boxes, (the one I have keep up to date with windows) runs fine but a few times a day the reverb stops and then I have to reboot to get it to work again. The other box runs all day no sweat. My partner has two giga boxes and he has the same issue with a different VST reverb plug.

Does anybody know what's going on? My one machine that I never update seems to not have the problem, but the up to date machines have this issue. Is there a way to fix this? Any ideas are appreciated...

My Computer:

P4 3.0 ghz, 1 gig of ram, asus P4c-800e, XP Pro, G3 3.21

Lightbulb Re: Gigastudio with VST reverbs----Crash

When your reverb stops, do all VSTs in de GS3 mixer stop processing or do you get a full crash (blue screen)?

I have this problem when running various VST plugins, not just reverbs. Have not found the cause for it yet, but it appears that VSTs that demand a lot of CPU power (or many less CPU hungry VSTs together) cause some CPU spike now and then and suddenly all VSTs stop processing. Even though the rest of GS3 is still functional, I also have to restart to make them work again.

I have found this behavior in all versions of GS3. The only thing that works for me is to disable hyperthreading, which is a problem when you have a dual-core.

Maybe this is of some help....

Re: Gigastudio with VST reverbs----Crash

Yep...Sounds like the same issue... Although my buddy has a superfast computer and it still seems to happen on his... but it doesn't happen on my computer with only XP pro sp1 installed... That machine will run all day long!

thanks Rob

Go Back to forum