• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A Little Symphony for Kierri (by Daniele Bergamini - with GPO)

Share/Bookmark

A Little Symphony for Kierri (by Daniele Bergamini - with GPO)

I guess David (etLux) will be really *happy* about this post of mine...
    He invited me a lot of times to post this: because he already had a chance to listen to it, you know... is the magic of YouTube!

I wasn't completely convinced to do it, because this is not my average happy dedication...
    Kierri... she's a Lady of YouTube too...
    (in real life she lives in England: I think this subtly comes out, from the main theme).

And she's a dear friend.
    But her story is so dramatic that I feared to lack of respect towards her, somehow...

I came with this agreement with myself.

I want to let you all listen to this little piece:
    I'm very curious to know what you can say about it... I mean...
    maybe it's my best composition so far (I did it just before Aline Cristina's Fantasy)!
    I'd really be happy to know your artistic/technical opinions!

But please,

I ask you to watch one of her videos, even if it's a bit long...
    because in it she explains her story.
    Believe me, is worth to watch... it's worth to think about it!
    Possibly, watch it for first... then listen to my music.

Remember: if I did something quite good this is just because the person who inspired me is *incredibly good*!

This is the link to that video of her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdgcfQm5i1A

This is the link to my Little Symphony for Kierri.

http://www.webalice.it/danbergam/sounds/_Daniele Bergamini (danbergam) - little symphony for kierri (original music).mp3

Oh, I did a video, even this time, to explain the various little movements of this symphony (yes, there are seven short movements): here is the link to that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9924p5Igg3Y

Have a good listening.

Please, ***watch her video***!!!
    Thank you in advance.

Symphonically yours
    Daniele
    "The gold of Captain Rich" - a danbergam's short-movie -> http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=62264

I said goodbye -> http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55669

"Musico ergo sum."
    "GPO : composer = unicorn : R.P.G. player
    Well, the unicorn is to be imagined... but GPO's real!"

D.B.

Re: A Little Symphony for Kierri (by Daniele Bergamini - with GPO)

Hello, Daniele

I watched Kierri's video. She's a lovely young lady who speaks with sensitivity about the nature of "success" and the difficulty of dealing with external pressures and judgements of others. Many people could relate to what she says.

Thanks for letting us see and get a feel for what inspired your composition.

The music is as lovely as Kierri. It is accessible and dramatic, and clearly something which springs from your heart.

By the end of the piece, the tragic mood which I was primarily aware of as I listened, still lingered. I had anticipated the piece moving into something which would be a lift out of the tragic mood.

That is my reaction--Perhaps you don't feel the music is as tragic as I heard it to be?

How has Kierri reacted to the music she has inspired? Has she been able to express that to you?

By the way, I'm very happy to be seeing more music from you. Thanks for this post.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hello, Daniele
    Hello, Randy!
    Your opinions and comments are always very fitting, appropriate and stimulating!

I watched Kierri's video. She's a lovely young lady who speaks with sensitivity about the nature of "success" and the difficulty of dealing with external pressures and judgements of others. Many people could relate to what she says.
    Yes. But in effects she also discusses more private arguments, about her life... and the renounces she decided to make for to be able to face certain problems occured to a beloved.

Thanks for letting us see and get a feel for what inspired your composition.
    Thank you for watching it!
    I felt and I still feel it was strictly necessary, in order to perceive all of the dramaticity which the music drives!

The music is as lovely as Kierri. It is accessible and dramatic, and clearly something which springs from your heart.
    This is was really a great appreciation sentence... thank you so much!

By the end of the piece, the tragic mood which I was primarily aware of as I listened, still lingered. I had anticipated the piece moving into something which would be a lift out of the tragic mood.

That is my reaction--Perhaps you don't feel the music is as tragic as I heard it to be?
    It was intended... just this way!
    When she talk about the renounces she made, she has a really definitive tone... It's like she had reached a sort of balance with that situation... it's like she said - things are like this, they aren't gonna change... but I'll face them -.

From a human point of view, to renounce to our dreams, to have our own life changed... is something quite tragic!
    So her theme has that sad mood...
    but, notice that its repetition (the sixth movement "What she learnt") has...
    regality, in my opinion and intention, because she's doing something very difficult... but something definitely right and courageous and admirable!

In that video she talks something like - I have no perspectives -... this was very dramatic, for me, to listen to... that "no perspectives" is somehow projected in the future... even if, by the way, no one knows what will happen!
    That "no perspectives", but said with so much dignity and courage, determined that sad, yes, but also regal and somptuous repetition.

There's another thing to say: I'm a disabled, you know, and I have a very direct knowledge with things you've to renounce to... maybe that dramaticity was partially due to my vision and things like these.

She has Faith... and I have too.
    And when you have Faith and you live an heavy situation and you struggle each single day... well, despite the fact that you *love* this Life (maybe, sometimes, you love it more than people luckier than you are used to do! )... that Faith let you look at the day God (you believe in) will reward you of all of your pain.

That final movement, "Heaven's key", that ensemble crescendo with a major chord means just this: - Be strong. You got Heaven's key in your hand.
    What's your pain, your renounce for a lifetime... will be transfigured in your joy, in your gain for an ethernity!!! -

In the end, from my point of view... the final conclusion is happy... is the happiest possible, as Heaven is, to me, the best possible ending (but I repeat, I love this life and I hope to live a couple of centuries! ).

In Life... well, you just need to face the problems, being as much realist as possible... and try to go on with Faith and Hope.

That's my point of view; hers too, I understood from her videos... and the interpretation of that little symphony!

Hmm... I'm wondering... maybe I should have written this from the start... I mean, each movement with its interpretation!
    It was *so right* for you to ask!

How has Kierri reacted to the music she has inspired? Has she been able to express that to you?
    This is a good question too.
    This wasn't the first dedication she received.
    And... like for the first one, she didn't explicitly answered.
    Her mother answered (I do believe for Kierri too) with a lot of heartfelt appreciation words!
    But Kierri added that video in their personal Favorites section... so, I'd say she liked it too.
    Simply, she is a lot timid; that Favorites adding was her way to tell she liked it.
    But you know, I just did it to communicate to her, beyond words, my encouragement.

By the way, I'm very happy to be seeing more music from you. Thanks for this post.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    And I was really honored by your fitting comment!
    You gave me a chance to better explain what's behind the music!
    Thank you so much, Randy!
    Have a great everything!

Dan

P.S.
    Very soon I'll comment those songs you wrote for that musical about Dorian Gray! I just need some more listenings... to write a better comment!
    "The gold of Captain Rich" - a danbergam's short-movie -> http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=62264

"Musico ergo sum."

D.B.

Quote Originally Posted by danbergam
    I guess David (etLux) will be really *happy* about this post of mine...
    He invited me a lot of times to post this: because he already had a chance to listen to it, you know... is the magic of YouTube!
    Hello Daniele,

Yes, my friend, I am pleased!

The first time I heard the piece, I was immediately struck by
    the depth of emotion in it; and by the clear, clean writing
    that says what it has to say without complication and without
    equivocation or ambiguity.

These are qualities I appreciate, and too often they are not
    a part of much modern writing.

I wasn't completely convinced to do it, because this is not my average happy dedication...
    Randy has noted the almost tragic tone of the piece, too -- but
    yet, there is a somber presence of the Bergamini hope, too, and
    a subtle joy in the expression of the experience of the emotions.

There are many sides to human endurance and existence; and
    music, as I have often said elsewhere, may be the only suitable
    means to express some of them. Words would certainly pale, in
    this case.

I am sure Kierri is most honored.

Thank you in advance.
    Thank you, Daniele! Keep it coming, my friend; I look
    forward to hearing more from you.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Hello Daniele,

Yes, my friend, I am pleased!
    I knew it!
    I really have to thank you, for your encouragement.

The first time I heard the piece, I was immediately struck by
    the depth of emotion in it;
    Thank you!
    Sometimes I'm quite surprised too for all of the emotionality I transmitted with it!

and by the clear, clean writing
    that says what it has to say without complication and without
    equivocation or ambiguity.
    These are qualities I appreciate, and too often they are not
    a part of much modern writing.
    Thank you so much!
    While writing it I was just like... - who knows if it can work this way? -
    I was surely inspired!

Randy has noted the almost tragic tone of the piece, too -- but
    yet, there is a somber presence of the Bergamini hope, too, and
    a subtle joy in the expression of the experience of the emotions.
    By the way, each one notices something different, a particular aspect or one another... I'm happy that you noticed that subtle presence of hope, even if...
    in a long distance perspective.
    And yes, you are right, maybe it also communicates... the joy I was feeling for being so inspired?!?
    It's possible!

There are many sides to human endurance and existence; and
    music, as I have often said elsewhere, may be the only suitable
    means to express some of them. Words would certainly pale, in
    this case.
    Yes, sometimes words aren't enough at all!

I am sure Kierri is most honored.
    I do believe too she liked this one!
    Too bad, it's just a music... but if it's true that to have an up-lifted soul is what counts most... maybe even a music can serve to somethiing.

Thank you, Daniele! Keep it coming, my friend; I look
    forward to hearing more from you.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Thank you, David!
    Oh, I'm quite sure your wait will be rewarded... I'm just working on a little, amazing and multi-faced "concerto"...

"Musico ergo sum."

D.B.

Dan - What an interesting situation with the youTube video and your score. The internet has many possibilities these days. I'm sure she was tickled pink with your dedication to her with this fine piece of music. This is such a special gift for her. She is so right - Life is all about learning and adapting and doing something rather than nothing.

Thanks for posting!

Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Quote Originally Posted by DelCarry
    Dan - What an interesting situation with the youTube video and your score. The internet has many possibilities these days.
    Definitely.
    The chance to keep in touch with someone you didn't know,
    the chance to exchange experiences, comments, knowledge... music!
    It's amazing!!!
    Really, the world can virtually have the dimension of a... room.
    I mean, on YouTube I'm having contacts with people from everywhere...
    Russia, Saudi Arabia (he's a gifted great oud-guitar player!), Brazil, the U.S.A., England... (and the list could endlessly go on)
    And all of this without having taken a single flight!

I'm sure she was tickled pink with your dedication to her with this fine piece of music.
    I do believe you're right!
    Thanks for that 'fine', I really appreciate it!!!
    This is such a special gift for her.
    A special gift... for a special person!
    She is so right - Life is all about learning and adapting and doing something rather than nothing.
    To me, she keeps not only the Heaven's key... but also Life's key.
    I mean, a lot of people struggle and waste their own lives to reach success, fame, richness... but in the end they often find themselves empty, alone... and they can't even take with them all the things gained here, when passing away...
    Life's a richness in itself: is for us to appreciate it, to value it, to understand it.
    Thanks for posting!

Del
    Thank you for commenting, Del!
    Have a great everything!
    Dan

"Musico ergo sum."

D.B.

Hi Dan, What a wonderful piece of music! I have been gone from the forum for some time and I am glad I had a chance to review and find this work. My favorite part of your work is the ending. So powerful with the lower brass and the nice subtle chord change; increasingly growing in volume and strength. The whole piece is a wonderful tribute! I think you were very successful in your endeavor here. As far as "success" goes, it is always comforting to have someone to guide you. To be there for strength and direction; and will work all things for your good. One that will never leave you nor forsake you. You have a good heart to share this with us and you seem to be a good friend for support. I hope to hear more from you soon. I believe this is the first post of yours I have listened to so I will definitely look for more soon.

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Nice little symphony for your friend. I really like the video you made with your music and clips of videos she made - it was very touching. Yes a little sad, but with hope.
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor
    Hi Dan, What a wonderful piece of music!
    I have been gone from the forum for some time and I am glad I had a chance to review and find this work.
    Well, summer is like this... many things to do in the open air, and maybe not so much time for to browse forums... so, your comment is even more appreciated! :-)
    My favorite part of your work is the ending. So powerful with the lower brass and the nice subtle chord change; increasingly growing in volume and strength.
    I'm so happy that you noticed that minor/major change! In my intention, it represents... well, the point where our earthly pains are all payed... with eternal joy!
    It takes Faith, to accept it, to serenely go on till that point, without pretending from this Life to be better than the way it concretely turns to be...
    The whole piece is a wonderful tribute! I think you were very successful in your endeavor here. As far as "success" goes, it is always comforting to have someone to guide you. To be there for strength and direction; and will work all things for your good. One that will never leave you nor forsake you.
    Thank you very much! :-)
    These two ladies, a daughter and her mother, are living hard times: but they go on, united. The mother is in need... and the daughter is there, besides her, for to help.
    You know, sometimes they talk about YouTube only for to deprecate fake people... but there's also a lot of real and sincere humanity, in YouTube (which is just a little part of this world), a lot of different stories, sometimes hard to live...
    and usually, the most hardest stories have something to teach us.
    You have a good heart to share this with us and you seem to be a good friend for support.

Oh, you know... in the end, I just felt the need to dedicate something those two human beings, to give them a little, insignificant sign of my support...
    But, think: they live, somewhere in this wonderful world, they exist... and all we have to do is stare at them, realizing that they are real... and that there's hope, for this lost humanity, as long as people like those are around, doing their best no matter how it's hard.
    I hope to hear more from you soon. I believe this is the first post of yours I have listened to so I will definitely look for more soon.

Michael
    :-)
    Well, a genie of the lamp would say - your wish is my command! -

This is the link to the second of the pieces I posted here...
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=53458
    A different style, definitely... but it's always me!

Happy listening!
    Thank you so much for your comment!

Daniele

"Musico ergo sum."

D.B.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast