• Register
  • Help

Topic: RAID 0 arrays

Share/Bookmark

RAID 0 arrays

This from the TASCAM website: Although it doesn't say what type of array to setup. I use raid 0 for the instruments; with backup on another drive.
    "
    How about the ultimate GS3 system? What if I want to get crazy polyphony and multiple GigaPulse instances?
    The limiting factor for polyphony is hard drive speed, so you'll get the best performance with a RAID array for your drives. The below system was tested with over 600 voices of polyphony (using 16-bit samples), of course your mileage may vary.
    • Windows XP SP1
    • P4 3GHz or faster
    • 2GB RAM
    • DVD-ROM drive
    • 1024 x 768 monitor resolution
    • Two-drive RAID using 10,000 RPM SATA drives
    • MIDI interface
    • GSIF 2-compatible sound card or ReWire-compatible host application top
    "
    GIGA ORCHESTRA 3.21
    DAW ONE: CPU: 3.4GHz; RAM: 2 GIGS DDR400; Mobo P4 GIGABYTE ;80GIG IDE HD;2 X WD SATA HD Raptors 10KRPM 74GIG in RAID 0;
    M Audio Firewire 410; Midisport 8X8

Hauptwerk V3
    DAW TWO: CPU: 2.4 GHz Dual Core; RAM 4 gigs DDR2533: MOBO Asrock ConRoeFirex - eSATA2; 2 x SATA 80 GIG, HDs; M Audio Delta 1010 and a Delta 1010LT, soundcards; MOTU Express 128 i/f

Re: RAID 0 arrays

Very nice...

By reading your specs is Sp1 recommended? I guess the ram issue is no longer with the 2 gig....I was sticking to one (old info I guess)

Have you tried the SATA II drives? They are wicked fast on my Sonar machine with GVI on it.

Westside

Re: RAID 0 arrays

I have the WD raptors in one PC; they were very expensive; however; in the newer PC I decided to try ordinary SATA 7200 rpm drives in a raid o arry and they work just fine. A lot cheaper too!

No I have not tried SATA II drives.

this is my website showing my organ project:

http://theatreorgans.com/owenjones/
    GIGA ORCHESTRA 3.21
    DAW ONE: CPU: 3.4GHz; RAM: 2 GIGS DDR400; Mobo P4 GIGABYTE ;80GIG IDE HD;2 X WD SATA HD Raptors 10KRPM 74GIG in RAID 0;
    M Audio Firewire 410; Midisport 8X8

Hauptwerk V3
    DAW TWO: CPU: 2.4 GHz Dual Core; RAM 4 gigs DDR2533: MOBO Asrock ConRoeFirex - eSATA2; 2 x SATA 80 GIG, HDs; M Audio Delta 1010 and a Delta 1010LT, soundcards; MOTU Express 128 i/f

Go Back to forum