• Register
  • Help

Topic: Good/Cheap Vista Sound Card?

Share/Bookmark

Arrow Good/Cheap Vista Sound Card?

Just got a new laptop with Vista, and of course that means my M-Audio Mobile Pre doesn't work anymore (they havent released new drivers). So I need a new soundcard. Any suggestions?

Needs: cheap

I just need something that Sonar 6 Home Studio will support (ASIO preferably). I don't need an interface, as I have a MIDI/USB cord that connects directly through USB. I don't know too much about this stuff, though, so if anyone knows a cheap way to get Sonar 6 to hear GPO with low latency, that's all i need. Thanks.

Re: Good/Cheap Vista Sound Card?

I'm surprised M-Audio hasn't come out with drivers yet.

Me too, surprised in a frustrated-i-spent-100-bucks-on-this-thing kind of way. Still, anyone have any suggestions. ASIO4ALL doesnt work with my sigmatel HD codec sound on my laptop, and i'd like something with ASIO. Anything really cheap, i dont need an interface (i use a USB/midi cord) just the audio.

There is no such thing as a "good/cheap" soundcard.

I don't know about its compatibility with Vista, but have you tried ASIO4All driver? (www.asio4all.com)

If you just need sound and low-latency for cheap, what about a CL SBLive External USB ($50)? Creative says it's Vista-happy.

I don't have one, but a quick net search seems to indicate it does do ASIO.

http://us.creative.com/products/prod...&product=10702

Quote Originally Posted by snuffleumpagus
    Me too, surprised in a frustrated-i-spent-100-bucks-on-this-thing kind of way. Still, anyone have any suggestions. ASIO4ALL doesnt work with my sigmatel HD codec sound on my laptop, and i'd like something with ASIO. Anything really cheap, i dont need an interface (i use a USB/midi cord) just the audio.
    So far the only Vista drivers available are for the Fast Track USB.
    You kinda get screed buying a new computer or laptop since manufacturers haven't really jumped on the Vista wagon. Dell is making some more computers with XP.

There are 32 and 64 bit Vista drivers for Creative Sound Blaster cards

Go Back to forum