• Register
  • Help

Topic: Looking for a recommendation

Share/Bookmark

Looking for a recommendation

a recommendation for a program I could use to record and mix "live" audio (for example me howling into a microphone as a sad imitation of singing) and the audio files (.WAV) I create from my Finale.

I'd need something that even an idiot (in other words - me!) can use.

I'd actually like to be able to layer tracks of vocals to give an imitation chorus.

I'm also curious as to what sort of microphone I'd have to use.

My sound card is an M-Audio Revolution.

Re: Looking for a recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    a recommendation for a program I could use to record and mix "live" audio (for example me howling into a microphone as a sad imitation of singing) and the audio files (.WAV) I create from my Finale.
    That would be Sonar - or any other sequencer.

Nickie, is there a sequencer that is easier (ie: more intuitive) to use than another?

I tried a demo of one program (except I forget which one now) and just could never get the hang of it.

Michel,

I may get banned from the forum for recommending such a low-end program, but if you use a Mac, you can do all this in Garageband (and more). Another possibility for the PC user is Sequel - google it. G-band is very easy to use, and actually quite powerful, once you get the hang of it.

Just my 2 cents.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

thank-you for the suggestions, I'll look into it. I'm using a PC, so I guess GB is out of the question.

In all honesty, I really don't want anything more than the most basic functionality. I will not be using it to record my MIDIs, I already get a great result just with Finale and GPO.

I'd rather not spend a fortune on it either, since this is really for one or two rather small projects. If I can get away with spending less than $200, I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    I'd rather not spend a fortune on it either, since this is really for one or two rather small projects. If I can get away with spending less than $200, I'll be happy.
    Michel, Sonar Home Studio 6 is $139 plus shipping. It is basically a stripped down version of Sonar SE, but still quite powerful - enough to do, what you want to do. I don't know if you will find it much easier to use than Sonar 6 PE, though, since the interface is basically the same. You may find, that audio tracks are easier to work with, since you don't have to bother with synths and MIDI-tracks and -editing.

Go Back to forum