• Register
  • Help

Topic: About as off topic as you can get...

Share/Bookmark

About as off topic as you can get...

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Bad news - I'm off computer most of the time at the moment so can't check into NSS eight times a day like I do when I'm working in the studio in London.
    Good News - that's because I'm in beautiful Bali on holiday and about to marry my gorgeous girlfriend of (ahem) 14 years - and feel the need to rub all my NSS pals noses in the fact.
    Will be back annoying everyone from the 18th - I miss you guys - but not so much that I can't have a fantastic time.

Sorry if I depressed anyone (not!)

Best wishes from probably the most smugly happy composer on the block right now!

Best wishes to all

Barrie B

Re: About as off topic as you can get...

Congrats Barrie!!

I hope that you have a great time!! We'll see you around when you get back.

Take Care,
    Steph

And it only took you 14 years!

Thumbs up Re: About as off topic as you can get...

Awesome! Congrats Barrie!

Just remember the wise words of a 20th century American actress "A man is incomplete until he is married - then he is finished!"

JB my MAN!!!! Wassup Bro???!!!!!
    Good to see ya!!!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Steph..

thanks for your kind response - I might have known you'd be first in. Needless to say it was absolute heaven and deeply unstressful. I'd like to point out to you and JB that I asked her 13 years ago but we hated the idea of a big stressful wedding and kept putting it off until we could do it just for ourselves. I hope all's well with you - have to say it's nice to be back!

wbw

Barrie

Brian..

thanks for those words of encouragement made me feel much better!

Meanwhile straight back into work after the break - I've been doing a UK TV kid's series in the background to everything else (260 6 min narrative sections, but over a period of a year ) - I've gone for quite a funky US sit com style with break outs into everything from orchestral to ethnic etc, but one of the signature sounds I use a great deal is the Bela D LDs 1+2.
    The producers love a bit of full-on guitar - I just hope it doesn't ruin your rock-n-roll street cred

Loving all the Bela D stuff!!

wbw

Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by BarrieB
    Brian..

thanks for those words of encouragement made me feel much better!

Meanwhile straight back into work after the break - I've been doing a UK TV kid's series in the background to everything else (260 6 min narrative sections, but over a period of a year ) - I've gone for quite a funky US sit com style with break outs into everything from orchestral to ethnic etc, but one of the signature sounds I use a great deal is the Bela D LDs 1+2.
    The producers love a bit of full-on guitar - I just hope it doesn't ruin your rock-n-roll street cred

Loving all the Bela D stuff!!

wbw

Barrie
    Thank you for the kind words Barrie and welcome back!
    Those projects sound awesome! And again congrats! Seriously, I have been married nearly 6 years now, and I love it.

Brian
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Brian,

had intended to get the Celtic Winds lib when I got back, but I've just seen the sale and descended on it like my new wife in a shoe shop.

I have a problem with the expression 'awesome', the english language has so many gradations from tiny to huge in the 'I like this' category, but this sale is truly AWESOME!!

Keep it up guys - can't wait for the new stuff too...

regards

Barrie

Go Back to forum