• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My first GPO Mp3 posting

Share/Bookmark

My first GPO Mp3 posting

Hi all,

I am amazed that it has taken me this long to post some of my music. It was two years ago I purchased GPO, and I released the CD that these tracks are from last June. How time flies when you are wrestling with the next bit of software (not to mention intervening hurricanes, health and relationship issues)!

Two kinds...a bit of "serial composition"...
    Theme and Variations for Flute, Viola and Harp

and a movie song, perhaps, a bit of troubador style (real guitar and voice, sorry):
    Artemis

Enjoy! I look forward to more composing and recording time...
    Thanks to Gary Garritan and all for making this great, affordable software available...there seems to be a real labor of love going on here.

Din Allen

Re: My first GPO Mp3 posting

these were cool pieces. your second one was great so no apologies are needed. its nice to see the gpo instruments used in non-orchestral settings. this was a fun suprise in the listening room, and let me say the recording quality was incredible. was it professionally done, if not what do you use to record? anyway, keep posting tunes and i think most people will agree with that.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Sorry,

the link doesn`t work here...

Best,

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Wow! I really like your vocal composition. You have a great set of pipes. Nice guitar work also.

Do you have any more vocal works? I would like to hear them if you do.

Thanks for sharing your music with us.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Smile,

I have downloaded the link and now it works...

Din, the track with your vocal is very nice composed, arranged and sung. You have a beautiful voice!

Some years aga I worked free at a record company. I never have heared a demo there from you...... .

Best,

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Din -

I'm on my fourth listening of the Theme and Variations. For me, the piece holds together very well. There are some spots where the Flute shines especially brightly. The Viola holds its own. The Harp lines work well, but I don't jump up and say "That Harp is exactly right there!" Somehow it feels as though Piano or Harpsichord would work as well . . . but I'm not sure why.

All of that notwithstanding, the piece is well worth listening to. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Joe

Greetings,
    I'll do some replying here:
    Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller
    these were cool pieces. your second one was great so no apologies are needed. its nice to see the gpo instruments used in non-orchestral settings. this was a fun suprise in the listening room, and let me say the recording quality was incredible. was it professionally done, if not what do you use to record? anyway, keep posting tunes and i think most people will agree with that.
    Thanks, Keith, I do record at my friend's studio here locally: he's got the mics and preamps and the room and the ear. I do my GPO work at home, then we mix and master at his studio. We use Samplitude.

(Larry G. Alexander &nbspDo you have any more vocal works? I would like to hear them if you do.
    Yes, quite a few. I have abridged samples of all my CD's at http://www.dinallen.com/page_listen.htm I just realized I could post my Mp3's on the website, but I usually just put up clips there. I save the entire cuts for this forum!

(Joe): I'm on my fourth listening of the Theme and Variations. For me, the piece holds together very well. There are some spots where the Flute shines especially brightly. The Viola holds its own. The Harp lines work well, but I don't jump up and say "That Harp is exactly right there!" Somehow it feels as though Piano or Harpsichord would work as well . . . but I'm not sure why.

All of that notwithstanding, the piece is well worth listening to. Thank you for sharing this with us.
    Yes! written originally for guitar, not harp. I don't know that I reworked it quite "harpish" enough. The whole harp concept and technique seem quite difficult...the overtones, mastering note sustain and muting...but I don't really play keyboards either. I just fell for the the sound of the GPO harps, basically.

Thanks all, Din

Thank you for sharing your pieces. Hope you share more often.

I enjoyed both pieces. You said that the theme and variations was originally written for guitar. It would be interesting to hear it with the guitar in place of the harp. Nicely written, though.

The vocal piece was also very nice. As others have said, you have a very pleasant voice. I enjoyed the string writing that helps carry your song.

Two years since you purchased the GPO. Wow! That is a long time between purchasing and posting! LOL! Looking forward to hearing more!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Well Gunga Din,

I'm glad I came back for another listen.
    Your first piece isn't my cup of tea, that coming from a Scotsman not an Englishman, so I nearly missed hearing your song which is first class.
    Great lyrics, tune and singing. A very pleasurable experience for a guitarist/singer like me.

My Best

Ray

Greetings, Din Allen!

What a great thing it is, the amazing contrast between the two pieces you posted!

Theme and Variations jangled my head in an interesting way! lol--I enjoyed.

Artemis is beautiful. Wonderful to hear guitar and GPO together for one thing, and the composition itself is very enjoyable. Your singing matches the quality of the whole recording--Nice!

Thanks--and come back soon please?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast