• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New best librarie

Share/Bookmark

Wink New best librarie

Hi there,

would it be not very poor, if it would give only one librarie, with what all film music composers would work?

I am glad over the fact that there are so many different libraries. Gary Garritan and Kirk Hunter will present already soon a new Librarie. And, there are some other good libraries, look for as Siedlaczeck, Sonifox, SAM, Ewql, Vienna and many others… .

I think, each librarie have their worth, because humans work everywhere there, and they give all their best.

I use many different libraries, and it arrive always on for which I use which.

So, what I want to say is: All have their authorization! And I am strained on it which still in such a way there everything will appear. You also?
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Re: New best librarie

I'm just happy for people like Gary and Kirk who make libraries for us po' folk.

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy
    I'm just happy for people like Gary and Kirk who make libraries for us po' folk.
    at last, we are all po`falk

Quote Originally Posted by germancomponist
    at last, we are all po`falk
    Yeah, I'm about to have my borrowed computer taken away, and I do not have the $$ to buy one for a long while... this is going to suck majorly... how am I going to get anything done? AHHH!

Quote Originally Posted by Von Richter
    Yeah, I'm about to have my borrowed computer taken away, and I do not have the $$ to buy one for a long while... this is going to suck majorly... how am I going to get anything done? AHHH!
    Oh, perhaps you look to the "free download pages"

who is kirk and what does he make?
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller
    http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/

Enjoy!

Belbin

I think most developers are lowering their prices or at least streamlining their products to a more affordable price zone to get customers into their products. East West did this with EWQLSO Silver which enticed me to move up to Gold. More recently, I bought Steinberg's very underrated HALion Symphonic Orchestra (I use it all of the time now) as a competitive cross-grade for HALF its list price ($250 Canadian for 27 gig library of 24 bit samples!). And even more recently, I got VSL's Vienna SE for $445 (Canadian). They wisely give you both Standard and Extended libraries on the DVDs and a 30 day trial unlock code for the Extended library. In my case, it worked and I splurged for it once the trial license was up because I enjoyed the sounds so much.

While I agree that Kirk Hunter offers some amazingly great sounding libs, you do have to already own Kontakt 2 (2.2 if you're like me running an Intel Mac) which is $500 (once again I got it cheaper because I owned Kontakt 1). Garritan products are phenomenal value considering how good theysound and all of the great controllers you can apply to manipulating the sounds. but I do honestly pick and choose what samples I use on finished recordings. I use the Strad 2 of course because it rocks. And I really enjoy the J&BB although I'm using more of the VSL saxes of late because they sound so damned realistic (and they should as they are three times the price!).

Anyhow, I agree that we are lucky to have all of the developers who guage their orchestral libs towards ALL economic demographics rather than a few years back when you had to have $1000 and up to get great quality orchestral sounds.

I bought EW products, which are very good imo.

However their pricing policies are pretty much a mess, for which I'm less than happy.

You get a sale that ends in Aug. 31st. So you stretch to get the library half price (at 500$). And you do. Then you notice that a couple of weeks later the sale is still on. Then the sale seems to end in Dec. 31st. Only it doesn't. The price drops and goes to half (500$) as a normal price. New sales on the new year mention half price or 30% of the 500$ price. And this thing keeps coming.

EW has been trying to empty warehouses for a long time, since PLAY is right on the corner, and I really hate that kind of policy that makes royal customers (I have3 libraries from them adn just bought another 3, smaller ones), feel so bad.

On the contrary other developers have an AAA (hihi) policy which works fine for everyone, as it appears. Gary, Kirk, Frank, Worra, and other have a simple policy to keep the customer happy. That way he will come back...

I understand that prices drop over the time, but not in such a short time, or in a manner of sale... I mean it reminds me rug shops in London which have sale 24/7/365! which is plainly... bad...

Other than that you pay what you think you deserve, what your needs are, and what you can afford, plainly. I couldn't afford VSL so I went for EW. Of course all are different, so there isn't a straight comparison between the 2 prementioned here.

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller
    (Sheesh, I've GOT to start doing MORE advertising! )

http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/

Go Back to forum