• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bruch - Romanze: Gofriller

Bruch - Romanze: Gofriller

Here is the solo from Bruch's Romance for Viola and orchestra. I have posted it for your enjoyment (hopefully). Thanks for listening!

Re: Bruch - Romanze: Gofriller

this sounds great. the only things i would recommend is on your trills try playing them legato. it sounds like they are all be bowed separately. i would also try changing the vibrato rate and intensity a little more throughout to add a little realism. with all that said i would still say this sounds pretty incredible. did you use a DAW or notation program?
    -Keith Fuller

iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Enjoyment? Definitely! It's a delicious piece, and very well rendered.

Keith is right, I think, about the trills: they can be made more realistic with legato. That doesn't take a thing away from your work, though. Just a refinement.

I'll be listening to this a number of times. Thank you for some good listening!

Hell, Yujade

What an especially lovely piece you chose to work with. Your Cello work is very expressive--very appreciated!--The one caveat re: the trills is a point well made by the others. Those are the only moments that will be more natural once you use cc64.--Actually, it seems that you've smoothed some trills and not others, because the impossible bowing doesn't seem to always occur-?

This is bringing you much joy, having the Gofriller to play, and that is certainly audible in your recording. Thank you!

Randy B.

Good work on this, Yujade. That Bruch piece can be quite a
    challenge; and you've done quite an able job with it, here.

Like learning any "real" instrument, the nuances come with
    time and practice... but you seem to be off to a flying start
    in that regard, I must say.

My best,

Thanks, guys for the compliments. I am glad you enjoyed. Took me a while to respond, since I have gotten on the computer at home much these days. I agree about the trills. I have a bit of hard time with them, but I will try more curve editing on the expression. Keith - I recorded it live using software I made that stitches takes together, then I input the resulting MIDI file into a sequencer, where I fixed up curves and added notes for the bichord portamentos, and then bounced it to a WAV.

Thanks for listening!

Good job - and seconding the concerns from the others. Glad to see you and many others are embracing these new instruments which make listening to samples a lot more enjoyable especially for solo work.

Thanks for posting! - Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

Hello again, Yujade

How's it going in your home studio?--I don't think enough people had the chance to notice your piece--let's give them another chance.

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hello again, Yujade

How's it going in your home studio?--I don't think enough people had the chance to notice your piece--let's give them another chance.

Randy B.
    Thanks for the thoughtful inquiry, Randy. A couple of weeks ago I got a full-time software job, so I haven't had too much for music...Thanks for the bump, too!

Go Back to forum