• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New FL Studio Tutorial

Share/Bookmark

New FL Studio Tutorial - UPDATED

I've updated my FL Studio tutorial and I think it can now be considered final.
    Not that this is any reason for witholding your feedback however.

New in Version 0.2
    -bigger more visible screenshots
    -discussion where pertinent of the differences between KP1 and KP2
    -fixed some misstatements in the discussion of FX channels and how to edit events in the piano roll.

http://www.suspenlute.com/gpo_in_fl_studio

Enjoy.

-Chris
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

Thumbs up Re: New FL Studio Tutorial

Chris,

This is terrific.

A most excellent, insightful and well-written tutorial. Excellent screenshots.

This is going to be of enormous benefit to FL Studio and GPO users.

Thank you so much for doing this. I hope you won't mind if I include this on our tutorials page.

My best,

Gary Garritan

Re: New FL Studio Tutorial

Don't mind at all. Thanks for looking.

-Chris
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

Chris,

Very nice. Clear text with nice screenshots. Thanks.

Tom

Happy to be of service.

-Chris

I have been using FL for well over a year, and thanks to your tutorial I just finally figured out how to edit my events! Thank you so much!

-EDIT-
    And one thing that's very useful that I figured out, if you have the slider on CC#1, right-click and select 'Link to Controller', you can then control the volume with your pitch-bend wheel. So your pitch-bend wheel will be just like a Mod Wheel, very useful if pitch-bend is all you have like myself.

Just a note for Gary et. al., I'm revising this tutorial in light of some new things I've discovered and also the recent KP2 update, so consider this link "archival" until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeT
    And one thing that's very useful that I figured out, if you have the slider on CC#1, right-click and select 'Link to Controller', you can then control the volume with your pitch-bend wheel. So your pitch-bend wheel will be just like a Mod Wheel, very useful if pitch-bend is all you have like myself.
    That does work but I was writing mostly for people like myself who have no reliable components for input except a mouse and ASCII keyboard. That type needs the most help!

-Chris

Just bumping this up because it has now been updated as promised.

-Chris

Nice tutorial, though most of that infos are already contained in the GPO for FL tutorial on this website.

Very surprising to see your being able to edit events synchronized with the Piano Roll ! However, i cannot access that option !
    Which version of FL studio do you use ?

Thats a feature i dont want not to miss.
    Having 5.02... (yeh its old a bit)

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaMaster
    Nice tutorial, though most of that infos are already contained in the GPO for FL tutorial on this website.
    Most... but not all. Muahaha

Very surprising to see your being able to edit events synchronized with the Piano Roll ! However, i cannot access that option !
    Which version of FL studio do you use ?

Thats a feature i dont want not to miss.
    Having 5.02... (yeh its old a bit)
    It works in v6.0.8 and presumable in v7 as well. If "Edit events in piano roll" doesn't appear in the context menu, you should still be able to use the old method of clicking "velocity" in the drop down menu and changing that item to a "pattern control."

-Chris

Go Back to forum