• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cricket, Son of Gandolf

Share/Bookmark

Cricket, Son of Gandolf

Cricket Strut is a cakewalk, taking the name from Cricket, son of Gandolf, my almost mature tomcat, who takes his swaggering and strutting seriously. Somewhere, he found an adoring female (probably dumped out here in the boonies) who shamelessly flirts with him. But except in the matter of reproduction, Cricket prefers Shilo, my Border Collie, and shamelessly flirts with her.

Cricket Strut

The saga of the cats here would make a good soap opera!

Richard

Re: Cricket, Son of Gandolf

"...saga of the cats..."

Of course something along those lines made for a bit of a successful stage show--a certain "Cats." But Mr. Webber's music wasn't QUite as adventurous as yours--Not as evocative of actual cat behavior either, I should add.

Piccolo, Clarinet, Bassoon, Cello--wouldn't that be a nice start on orchestrally arranging this?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Piccolo, Clarinet, Bassoon, Cello--wouldn't that be a nice start on orchestrally arranging this?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Well, I think it should make a good orchestra piece, but that would require a lot of effort. Woodwinds and brass are not a problem for me, but string orchestration would be quite laborious, as I am really weak in positions and fingerings. I have no problem with principles of strings, but am not familiar enough with application! Some day, perhaps, as an exercise, I may try to orchestrate this.

Richard

I try not to contemplate interspecies romance more than
    needful, Richard; but an entertaining feline study, nonetheless!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

its a fun little piano piece, although i don't know what it has to do with the lord of the rings (just kidding, and i know it wasn't very fun - or funny at all). at first i thought the piece was really really really really long, but it turns out that the box.net player just repeats.

did you play this live or notate it. i only ask because i have such a difficult time notating piano. thanks for posting.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller
    its a fun little piano piece, although i don't know what it has to do with the lord of the rings (just kidding, and i know it wasn't very fun - or funny at all). at first i thought the piece was really really really really long, but it turns out that the box.net player just repeats.

did you play this live or notate it. i only ask because i have such a difficult time notating piano. thanks for posting.
    Well, Cricket's papa was a stray or dumped cat that moved in, and we named him Gandolf the Gray.

There is a score, on my Sibelius site. Piano notation is not a problem for me. I have trouble with strings, because I am not a string player. The mp3 was derived from the score originally notated in Sonar, then imported to Sibelius.

There are many cats dumped near my house. Or sometimes, abandoned when the owners move out. I really would prefer not to have so many cats, but I can't let them starve! Sometimes I think there is a cat blog site that tells the homeless cats to come here.

Richard

Go Back to forum