• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Modern film soundtrack soundscape tools?

Share/Bookmark

Modern film soundtrack soundscape tools?

Hi!

Does someone know what modern composers use nowadays for creating soundscapes for the films? Like.. soundscapes involving tape-delayed stuff, evolving textures, big ambience and even beats.

I heard Reaktor is popular. What about Massive? Is it sufficient? Or what about Atmosphere? Does someone know? I just watched "Number 23" and it had very cool things in it and I got interested.

Re: Modern film soundtrack soundscape tools?

Absynth has many possibilities (from Native Instruments), so does MX4 (from Mark of the Unicorn).
    You could also check out some of Jeff Rona's work for M-Audio http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...ID=prosessions
    His are the ones called "Liquid Cinema".

Oh, and one of the deepest, yet profoundly weird sound making bits out there is Crystal (sorry I don't have a URL for that).
    Brad Pearson
    THG Music
    Spokane WA

MacBook Pro (2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo), 3 gig RAM, OS 10.6.5, Finale 2011b, GPO4 & CMB2

Absynth, Xphrase, UVI-Extreme FX, CA5000, and see Kirk Hunters up coming Morphestra...........and Ambienc Impacts Rythmns (expensive and precooked), Morphestra, Outer Limits, and Altered States.

definetally absynth, and there is usually not a day goes by where I don't hear something I recognize from atmoshpere, lots of really neat evolving soundscapes, though not all the time musical.

A.I.R. is very cool to for some ambience.
    www.energiestudios.com

I use samples from Sony's Soundtrax libaries.

Here are real world examples of a "scores" I did for a client:

Beacons and Pa

Hope I'm within the subject of this thread!
    Last edited by BermudaFlyer; 05-10-2007 at 09:27 AM. Reason: bad English!
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

Thanks for the answers!

Does anyone know if Massive can compare to Absynth?

Btw, Crossingsound, very nice demos! I checked your website!!! I always wanted to know: how do you make this kinda stuff how your action-demo starts? Is there some technique to making music like that or just manually write everything?

BermudaFlyer, sounds cool too! I personally need to find a synth instead of sample library, but the SoundTrax does sound nice! I liked the atmosphere and melodies of PA especially!

Hi All

I bought this library recently: http://www.pianoattack.com/

Every sound that a piano can possibly make has been captured in this library. Excellent for sound design and tons of drones and ambiences and all the sounds are natural, not synthy.

Enjoy

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by karvasika
    Thanks for the answers!

Does anyone know if Massive can compare to Absynth?

Btw, Crossingsound, very nice demos! I checked your website!!! I always wanted to know: how do you make this kinda stuff how your action-demo starts? Is there some technique to making music like that or just manually write everything?

BermudaFlyer, sounds cool too! I personally need to find a synth instead of sample library, but the SoundTrax does sound nice! I liked the atmosphere and melodies of PA especially!
    Thank you very much. If I remember correctly the first action peice is using an Access Virus Synth, and its notes I played on the keys, kind of an arpegiated line, with a weird pad behind it and a drum loop from Stylus RMX, if I remember correctly. A good synth is vital hard or soft, and will open up a wide sonic pallete for ya.

by the way, I just updated my signature for my new site so it will link to a different site of mine just in case you were wondering why its different, though the crossingsound.com is still my partner and I's site as well.
    www.energiestudios.com

Talking Re: Modern film soundtrack soundscape tools?

Quote Originally Posted by karvasika
    Cheers, Karvasika!
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

Oh, and does anyone have any information about Absynth VS Massive? I tried the Massive demo and the LFO's are much more versatile and you can assign them many more places in Massive. Even the soundscape demos on Massive were impressing.

Soooo... which one is the one for film music?

Go Back to forum