• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Just got the cello :)

Just got the cello :)

Still trying to figure it all out but I'm having a ball with it. It's just a quick improv recorded as soon as I got it so don't blame the software for some of the glitches. I'm really amazed with it though, I've only just started and it already sounds pretty convincing to people around me.

Re: Just got the cello :)

Big smiles--SOOOOmeone is having great fun with a certain Cello.

I'm really happy for you, Sleutelbos. I recently got the Strad and have the same "OH WOW!" feeling about it.

Garritan instruments--you just can't beat 'em.

ANd hey--I really enjoyed your improv!

Randy B.

Hey, there's some good stuff in there, Sleutelbos!

Isn't that cello something else?

i know your joy, i got the strad and gofriller about a month ago, now ALL my music uses them (you'd be a moron not too). they sound soooooo effing real i can't believe it. you'll have a ball with it, i promise. these are 2 tunes i'm working in that are based on the solo libraries (just so you can hear what non-pro users like me can do with them) Demo 1 and Demo 2 (both of them are mostly realtime recordings with only a slight amount of editing.

*** i find that the best way to work with them is by playing them as good as you can the first time (if they are perfect then great, but usually they aren't) - then go back and record over the recording and focus on one aspect (ex. expression, modulation, etc.) at a time. then, if small adjustments have to be made go back and DAWisize them. this way you'll only spend maybe 4 times as long as the part actually is (8 minutes on a 2 minute part is not bad at all considering how great it will sound). anyway, enough of my jibber jabber - go have fun
    -Keith Fuller

iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Thanks for the responses!. The Cello makes me really curious for the strad, have to save up a bit for that though. I've begun on some actual musical use of the cello instead of just walking some scales, still can't believe how good thsi things sounds...

Keith: will try that method, sounds pretty efficient without losing detail. Will check your demos tomorrow!

Congrats! - I can see that you are already doing very well with the Gofr! Lots of practise makes perfect. It is truly a great instrument that makes you want to write and play better music. Expressiveness is the key! Start saving for the Strad today or ask for it (or part of it) on your birthday, Xmas etc!

Thanks for posting!
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

Man, I just got my Strad, and now I have to go get this too. I swear, you guys...

Paris, France

This sounds like the cello has your name written on it!
    Loved the impro too.
    I think the Strad would feel its life ambition unfulfilled if you didn't own a copy of it .
    Cubase 5.1 | Cubase 4.5.2 | Digital Performer 7.0 | Mac OSX 10.5.8 || Mac "MDD" dual 1GB | 1.75GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3 | MOTU MidiTimepice AV

can you imagine playing this just five years ago and telling someone it was played on a keyboard, aint that a hoot!

I also share your joy!

Hi, Sleutelbos

How are things going? This post of yours should be an inspiration to people working with the Gofriller for the first time. I imagine you're still having great fun with it?

Randy B.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast