• Register
  • Help

Topic: yet anothe GS vs. Cakewalk problem (for the patient)

Share/Bookmark

yet anothe GS vs. Cakewalk problem (for the patient)

I have a Yamaha CS1-x keyboard, CW8Pro, Ensoniq AudioPCI Sound Card and GS1.5. As you might guess, the inevitable question is \"How do I run GS from CW?\" (I did read thru all the list btw, and couldn\'t find the answer I needed, although the question has come up from time to time) Is it because all my MIDI channels are mapped to the Yamaha that I can\'t see/reach the EndlessWave driver? If so, can someone please tell me where to find&Assign the Gigasamler driver inside CW?
    Alternatively, I also have the Hubi\'s MIDI Cable program, which does show the Endlesswave driver in its output list when I run it. If nobody can help me from the CW side, can anyone explain how to use the Hubi with this system?
    best regards and urgent wishes for help!
    kavalci

Note: I did read about the sound card MIDI controller \"multiple client\" issue in a similiar message, but couldn\'t find such a tab in my controoler properties in the device manager.

Note2: I got mixed up and wrote this at first to the sound card group. Sorry for the little spam

Re: yet anothe GS vs. Cakewalk problem (for the patient)

Friend Bill in the sound card group writes me to open GS first then CW upon which the Endlesswave device will be seen as a port. But that is exactly what I don\'t see happening on my screen. What may be going wrong?

I\'m using Cakewalk with GS. In order to see Giga as a port you must first make it selectable as a port. In the version I\'m using, 7.02, you go to Tools > MIDI Devices.
    There\'s a list here of output ports and one of them should say Gigasampler/Endless Wave.
    Make sure this one is selected along with your others.

that did the trick. thanks!!

Go Back to forum