• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hello all and a quick version question

Share/Bookmark

Hello all and a quick version question

This is my first post and I'd like to say hello to the community; from what I've read and heard so far it seems like a great place to be a part of and I am looking forward to it.. almost as much as I am looking forward to playing with my GPO when it arrives!!
    Which brings me to my question. I ordered the GPO from a Canadian online dealer (reputable and not a blowout item) and I am wondering what I might end up with. I called Garritan just to make sure there was only one version of the GPO, which they confirmed so I feel pretty safe. However, I have seen at different sites since things like "GPO Second Edition", different pictures of the box, and some info which says it comes on 4 cds, others on 1 dvd.
    Going by the picture,the item I ordered is in a gold\brown box with a pic of an orchestra on it.
    I realize packaging changes over time, as well as format, but am I relatively safe in assuming the library itself will be the same even if I end up with some old stock (ie the cd version)? And if it is an older version, do the updates on the Garritan site cover this kind of situation?
    I know I should just wait and see what shows up, but I tend to dwell on things like this so my next week will be a little more relaxing if I am more clear on things.
    Thanks!

Re: Hello all and a quick version question

The 'Second Edition' contained updates released online over the previous years. You can get the same thing with any edition by downloading the updates manually.

The newest version, of which I don't think there's actually an official title, should be released within a week or two (I'm guessing). It is a free downloadable update that runs on Native Instruments Kontakt 2 Player, and contains some helpful new features.

Welcome to the forum! Hope you have fun with it!

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

chesterdesmond,

A warm welcome to the forum! You're right about this being a great place to start and I am looking forward to your being a part of this forum.

GPO Second Edition is the current edition right now. It is a DVD whereas the first edition had 4 DVDs. Markleford is right about a new version hopefully being released within a week or two. It will be a free downloadable update integrating the new Native Instruments Kontakt 2 Player.

I hope to hear some of the music you create with GPO.

Best wishes,

Gary Garritan

Welcome to our community. I hope you enjoy your new GPO and spending time with us.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by chesterdesmond
    This is my first post and I'd like to say hello to the community; from what I've read and heard so far it seems like a great place to be a part of and I am looking forward to it.. almost as much as I am looking forward to playing with my GPO when it arrives!!
    Which brings me to my question. I ordered the GPO from a Canadian online dealer (reputable and not a blowout item) and I am wondering what I might end up with.

OH MY GOD!!! A Canadian vendor????
    You are going to be getting the version with the Eskimo Kazoo samples and the sampled Skidoo in Ab, along with the various CB samples - "Call Beasts" - like the beautiful Manitoba Moose Call (it was sampled just outside Winnipeg). My one complaint is they didn't include the Mississauga Moose, which blends better with Eskimo Kazoo....

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    like the beautiful Manitoba Moose Call (it was sampled just outside Winnipeg)
    I thought it was going to be part of the Garritan Choir, solo as well as ensemble

Hello, Chester---A wave to you from across the border, here in Oregon. Welcome!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    I thought it was going to be part of the Garritan Choir, solo as well as ensemble
    No, I believe Gary has decided to keep the Moose in the orchestral library because of its preponderance in Canadian orchestral rather than choral repertoire.

Instead the Canada Goose wil be in the choral library, as that one comes in solo, small ensemble, and full symphonic "gaggle" samples.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I am like a kid waiting for Christmas right about now. and let's not forget 2 Gb of Inuit throat singing samples in that Canadian Edition of the choir.
    Sounds like my first project should be something in "Eh" flat

Quote Originally Posted by chesterdesmond
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I am like a kid waiting for Christmas right about now. and let's not forget 2 Gb of Inuit throat singing samples in that Canadian Edition of the choir.
    Sounds like my first project should be something in "Eh" flat

HAHAHAHA!!!

touché, and welcome to the forum, eh?

Go Back to forum