• Register
  • Help

Topic: Perhaps a Grof expansion pack?

Share/Bookmark

Perhaps a Grof expansion pack?

Yes, it's Friday, I'm ready to get out of the office

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9t1k...elated&search=

Re: Perhaps a Grof expansion pack?

Note that's not actually EVH, but a guy named Sachino from the Republic of Georgia. He has a bunch of videos on Youtube.

Thumbs up Re: Perhaps a Grof expansion pack?

That's a great vid! The same guy is playing some Joe Satriani, with links to others playing his music and some of the real thing.

Brings back some great memories. A very long time ago, i went to concert of Jimmie Vaughan and The Fabulous Thunderbirds at the Dallas Convention Center, and Joe Satriani was the warm up band. He looked young, i think he was a kid 20-something at the time. Most of the people there had never heard of him. I was on the front row, settled in, and soon after this guy started ripping up the guitar, my mouth dropped open and I was asking out loud "who the heck is this guy." People to my left and right and behind me were all asking the same thing. After many standing O's and a few encores, pretty much everyone there left as a Joe Satriani fan.

Check this one out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yc8x...elated&search=

Re: Perhaps a Grof expansion pack?

I have to correct my mistake, it was not Joe Satriani, but was Eric Johnson, it was several years later when I saw Satriani in San Antonio. They are both top guitarists and have similar styles rooted in classical, which is why i got them mixed up.

Go Back to forum