• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Feedback Please! Movie-Style Cue

Share/Bookmark

Feedback Please! Movie-Style Cue

Hey guys, I havent posted anything in a while, and I just finished this rough mix of a Cue for an upcoming project that I cannot name, but you can find out from the ID tags >_>...

Anywho, Check it out!

www.zreomusic.com/music/test/EvilBattleCue.mp3<-- DONT LISTEN!!

Does this fit the genre of Movie Soundtrack, and does it do that genre justice?

Thanks guys.

~Fire

UPDATED EDIT: www.zreomusic.com/music/test/EvilBattleCue2.mp3 <-- Listen to this one.
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Re: Feedback Please! Movie-Style Cue

Fire,
    It's great but I'd expect more rumble. I use a three way monitor system here and would like to hear more sub base stuff from my sub base monitor.
    Don't worry about the listeners using low-fi.

Ray

LOL

Ya know Ray, I thought about that! I know i really cut the < 40 range before posting. Maybe I'll put it back..
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Cinema audio systems are specifically designed for rumble.

Ray

Good stuff! I enjoyed it. Reminds me of The Lord of the Rings (Howard Shore) meets Conan the Barbarian (Basil Poledouris).

Would be good to hear an expanded version sometime.
    Last edited by BermudaFlyer; 05-12-2007 at 08:05 AM. Reason: inclusion of composers' names
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

REALLY classy use of GPO's aggressive sounds here. Congrats.

But I also agree with everyone else that it needs more bass.

-Chris
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

FireGS:

Sounds great to me. Yeah, maybe a little more bass, but the concept is clear and well defined. Really good mix in my estimation.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Hello, Fire

I'm a sucker for blatantly dramatic music. The lingering influence of Wagner and the sophisticated levels to which John Williams raised film sound track scores makes them the refuge of grab-em-by-the-throat orchestrations which are often considered too "old fashioned" for the concert hall. I love it.

And there you are, smack dab in the middle of what the whole mood underscoring Thing is all about. You asked us if we think you've done the genre justice--Absolutely!

I see the MP3 is labelled "Evil battle cue" and you said in the ID3 we'd see what the project is---that means I'm not supposed to include the title in this reply. Maybe I'm out of touch with pop movies--is that a title I should recognize?

My only question is if this is intended for underscoring a battle itself, or if this is leading Up to a battle? It sounds like a "tension building" cue rather than for scoring an actual sword swinging scene--That would probably be less ryhthmic and with unexpected splashes etc.

It's possible that the brass was a bit too low in proportion to the drums?

But it indeed sounds like modern movie music--You've definitely succeeded there.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Randy, you hit it on the nose! It not actually a battle theme. Its the prelude to a battle, tension building!

No, this isnt from any movie, but it uses themes from a Video Game in ways the game never did.

Thanks guys!!
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Eeep.. Double post.. Anyway, I added an updated version to the first post. is it better?

~Fire
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast