• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stylus RMX Chaos - Confusion

Share/Bookmark

Stylus RMX Chaos - Confusion

Just thought i'd say hello to everyone as this is my first post in the forum. Hope everybody is well and getting their tunes on

I also have a quick question. I've been able to use Stylus RMX with Cubase SX3 quite well now after watching the handy video tutorials but one thing i still cannot get round my head is how to use Automation on the Chaos feature.

I get as far as capturing the sample and messing around with the sliders to manipulate the sample but that's about it. I would really like to know a simple way of automating the pattern, repeat and reverse slider if possible. I've tried the standard method of recording in some automation on cubase (Clicking W/write and recording) and moving a few sliders in Chaos but it does not work. Please could somebody point me in the right direction?

Thankyou

Re: Stylus RMX Chaos - Confusion

That should work fine in SX3. Or, depending on how you want to manipulate the controls, you may find it easier to use midi learn.

- Glenn

Re: Stylus RMX Chaos - Confusion

This is turning into a good saturday after all haha.

After many trial and errors, what i needed to do was simple really.

Select MIDI learn as normal, but instead of moving a hardware fader, i just needed to learn a software fader on the mixer. Then after that, MIDI learn my desired Chaos fader.

Now i can create complete Chaos
    Thanks for the quick reply anyway mate^^

Go Back to forum