• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: JABB w/Jamstix

Share/Bookmark

JABB w/Jamstix

I just stumbled across this program Jamstix that can jam with you live. Pretty cool. What else is cool is that you can export the midi from the jam and do anything you want to it. You can also use the sounds from other VSTs directly within the program, so I just load up a JABB kit and jam along with that.

I hate writing drum parts for my jazz pieces, especially when I want them to sound like a human is playing. So this program will be a lifesaver.

There is a groupbuy that ends tomorrow if this sounds interesting to you. They also have a very functional demo (with audio dropouts and limits on midi export) that can give you a really good idea of what this does.

Here's an improv I did a couple minutes ago. The drum part was all created in realtime by the Jamstix demo.

jabb w/jamstick

Re: JABB w/Jamstix

This is like the most ridiculously good deal ever. For anyone who doesnt know about jamstix, it is by far the best, most sophisticated software for drum programming available. If u want to program drums that sound like a pro played them in your studio rather than midi slices and loops, u got to check this out. It is not so often that a deal comes along like this one, im a long-time user, otherwise this is a "no-brainer". and there is a free update to Version 2, when it comes out! This company has the best customer support, period, as any user can attest to, and has made hundreds of improvements to the current product, and verion 2 is not an update, they completely revamped it. What more can u ask for?
    Sam

Thanks for the info. Jamstix sounds fantastic. I bought the program without even trying out the demo. I hope it works......

/Lennart Christianson

No Mac version.

I don't understand why anyone would make a program for windows only,
    that makes absolutely no sense!!!

However many millions of people it is who have a MAC instead, is how many millions of people you won't have as customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    I don't understand why anyone would make a program for windows only,
    that makes absolutely no sense!!!

However many millions of people it is who have a MAC instead, is how many millions of people you won't have as customers.
    It's not like developers don't want to. But it is A LOT more work to create for multiple platforms. And when you're a small company, developing your own software, it is very hard to do this.

good for u, lennart! (there were no drummer smilies)-- u won't regret it--

out of all the sample companies/developers, there are a few who are pushing

the frontier of what is possible-- obviously Gary is one, and Ralph and

Co. at Rayzoon are another, their focus is on the ability to make sample

libraries come out sounding real, which is not a simple task. The soon-to-

come Jamstix 2 is going to be another huge step forward, and Jam Bassist to

follow. These are the guys who it's worth it to stick w/, they have the

right goals and motives, and they know what they're doing.
    Sam

also, they have said their plan is to go mac compatible at some point-- i know that's not exactly what u wanna hear, but if they say they will, they will.
    they're working very hard now, developing a very complex product update
    Sam

Jamstix is a one man operation, and I'm sure that he only knows the Windows architecture. It's nothing personal against the mac people.

I wasn't taking it personally, but have been hearing great things about it for quite some time.

Go Back to forum