• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO, JABB With Kontakt 2 and other questions.

Share/Bookmark

GPO, JABB With Kontakt 2 and other questions.

This is probably a daft question .. but this has never stopped me before so here goes.

If I were to upgrade to full Kontakt 2, would this in any way cause problems with me still using GPO and JABB with the Kontakt Players that came with them. Would there be some kind of conflict between the GPO and JABB players and the full Kontakt 2 or can they co-exist quite happily with one another?

Whilst I'm on the subject, I believe that the Full Kontakt 2 has a time/key-stretch facility which means that sample riffs with set keys, duration and tempos can be manipulated into different keys, duration and tempos. Are there limitations on this .. I mean does there come a point when the samples, if stretched too much, lose their quality?

One more thing .. At present I use Gary's libraries exclusively. However, there are a few voices presently not available and I have seen a few of these optimised for HALion. I understand the full Kontakt 2 will load the HALion samples as is .. can anyone confirm this?

I know I could ask the last two questions on the NI and Stein forums, but I'm far more comfortable here .. our community is about the best

Many thanks.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: GPO, JABB With Kontakt 2 and other questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk
    If I were to upgrade to full Kontakt 2, would this in any way cause problems with me still using GPO and JABB with the Kontakt Players that came with them. Would there be some kind of conflict between the GPO and JABB players and the full Kontakt 2 or can they co-exist quite happily with one another?
    Not unless you try to run them all as stand alone competing for the same audio driver. But, why not just load all your instruments in K2? It does have a better playback engine than KP1. And convolution.

Whilst I'm on the subject, I believe that the Full Kontakt 2 has a time/key-stretch facility which means that sample riffs with set keys, duration and tempos can be manipulated into different keys, duration and tempos. Are there limitations on this .. I mean does there come a point when the samples, if stretched too much, lose their quality?
    I never used this, so I can't really comment. But, I don't think you should expect unlimited time stretching without loss of quality. At least, that is my experience from time stretching in an audio editor.

One more thing .. At present I use Gary's libraries exclusively. However, there are a few voices presently not available and I have seen a few of these optimised for HALion. I understand the full Kontakt 2 will load the HALion samples as is .. can anyone confirm this?
    HALion instruments should import OK, provided they are not encrypted (copy protected).

Btw, these questions might be better asked - and answered - in the Kontakt forum.

Hello Nikki,

Thanks for your reply.

When I go ahead and buy the K2 I'll look at loading the instruments into that and see how it goes. Otherwise I would only run one instance of the player at a time so it seems this should be OK.

I know the other two questions are better asked in the NI forums and I will do that for confirmation but I thought I'd ask here in the same breath as my GPO/JABB player question .. you never know, someone here might have actually tried these.

Now I'm off to the NI forums
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

I know the other two questions are better asked in the NI forums and I will do that for confirmation but I thought I'd ask here in the same breath as my GPO/JABB player question .. you never know, someone here might have actually tried these.

Now I'm off to the NI forums
    You are right, the NI Kontakt forum is a good place to ask questions about Kontakt (and so is http://vi-control.net), but there is also a Kontakt forum here at NSS. And not everybody with insights into K2 scour the Garritan forum.

Good luck with Kontakt!

Go Back to forum