• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt2 'Time Machine' and HALion Support

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt2 'Time Machine' and HALion Support

I am interested in upgrading to the full Kontakt 2; I presently have the Kontakt 2 Player with GPO.

My first query is about the 'Time Machine' mode which, I understand, can make a sample wav riff (in a set key of a set duration) work at any tempo or key.

How effective is this, I mean, by using 'Time Machine' does this reduce the quality of the original riff as I believe it must, or does this have a negligible effect on the riff?

For my second query, I have heard that Kontakt 2 can load instruments that are in HALion format, and they are instantly playable. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: Kontakt2 'Time Machine' and HALion Support

Time Machine will reduce the quality, but it depends how drastically it's used. If it's a minor difference in time, the quality loss will be almost imperceptible, but of course with more drastic stretches, it becomes very perceptible.

Kontakt 2 can load HALion 1 and HALion 2 patches (but not HALion 3 since they're encrypted).

I'm pretty sure you can download the demo version of Kontakt 2 if you want to try before you buy.

Re: Kontakt2 'Time Machine' and HALion Support

Quote Originally Posted by David Das
    Time Machine will reduce the quality, but it depends how drastically it's used. If it's a minor difference in time, the quality loss will be almost imperceptible, but of course with more drastic stretches, it becomes very perceptible.

Kontakt 2 can load HALion 1 and HALion 2 patches (but not HALion 3 since they're encrypted).

I'm pretty sure you can download the demo version of Kontakt 2 if you want to try before you buy.
    Thanks for your reply David, much appreciated.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum