• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Bach Prelude Gofriller

Share/Bookmark

Bach Prelude Gofriller

Gofriller is very fantastic!!

I didn't perform Gofriller with a midi keyboard but inputed data with a mouse.
    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=977850&t=9420

I can't play cello, so I'm afraid that I made many mistakes about articulation.
    This demo is made using Overture4 and mainly Cubase studio4. I'm writing Overture's automation XML file for Gofriller and bringing it to completion. At a time, I'm making "Ombra mai fu" now and impressed by sound played by Overture4 and Gofriller.
    Tatsu Nagao
    YAMAHA P-120, Kontakt2, GPO, Garritan Strad and Gofriller, etc.

Thumbs up Re: Bach Prelude Gofriller

that has to be the most famous cello piece out there. you did a great job, and i am amazed that it was done without a midi keyboard - very very impressive. if you said here is a recording of it i would have just assumed that it was real and not a virtual cello. great job.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Re: Bach Prelude Gofriller

should I take this as a good sign that the Gopher and the Strad will give as wonderful results with Finale?

Hello, Doralin

Congratulations on your success with the Gofriller. I haven't been able to hear your file, but from what you and the others say, it's clear that you've made an organic sounding performance with the instrument even with a notation program. Hooray!

--How a website functions isn't the responsibility of users, and I'm sure Acidplanet works just fine for many people. But here's the brief version of my Tale of Woe:

I use an older computer to go online. The streaming player used at Acidplanet (and a few other sites) doesn't work for me. The download option is only available to members of Acidplanet. Fine--I went through the process of signing up, despite gritting my teeth over inviting yet more Spam. Come to find out I apparently already had a membership that I'd forgotten about. Fine--My usual password didn't work. Asked for a new one. Cut and pasted the emailed code into the password box so I could sign in. THen, over and over, the system kept saying I wasn't signed in--It won't let me. And that means I can't hear your piece.

sigh.

Sites like Acidplanet can be good for displaying information about pieces, having various playing options etc--Now my suggestion is that you also have a simple and more direct way to post music at places like this bulletin board. I've recently been recommending http://www.box.net and people have been having complete success with it.

Sorry to bog your thread down with this boring stuff, but maybe this info will be useful to you.

Congrats again on your success!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Lovely rendition, and if, as you say, it was step entered, then bravo! this is staggering!
    Cubase 5.1 | Cubase 4.5.2 | Digital Performer 7.0 | Mac OSX 10.5.8 || Mac "MDD" dual 1GB | 1.75GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3 | MOTU MidiTimepice AV

Thanks for your listening.
    Gofriller is mainly controlled by velocity and notes' overlapping. It means that we can edit a lot with a notation program easilly. But, as for editing tempo, I prefer Cubase4 rather than Overture4, and tempo transition is the most important factor for this music.

Randy
    I just uploaded both of 96K wma file and 192K mp3 file to acidplanet. Please retry a streaming. Thanks.

edit: I uploaded it to box.net. url is http://public.box.net/nagao25981
    Tatsu Nagao

Thank you, Tatsu!--I used the Box link, so now I've had the pleasure of hearing your Gofriller performance also. I don't feel so left out now, and I'm certainly glad I am subscribed to this thread--the email alerted me to come back and listen.

Wonderful. And very clever programming of the tempos. I understand your last post to mean that since you hand inserted the notes, and the results were strict, you then carefully mapped out fluctuating tempos in Cubase to create the organic ebb and flow of tempi that happens in concert.

Since you're doing part of the work in Cubase, I'm wondering why not do it all there? In the Staff View you can hand insert notes just as successfully as in a notation program. And the Piano Roll View provides an intuitive way to insure the notes are overlapping the way you want, and gives easy access to as many MIDI controllers as you care to use.

Thank you so much for providing more links, and letting us all hear what a great time you're having with the Cello. Inspiring.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Since you're doing part of the work in Cubase, I'm wondering why not do it all there? In the Staff View you can hand insert notes just as successfully as in a notation program. And the Piano Roll View provides an intuitive way to insure the notes are overlapping the way you want, and gives easy access to as many MIDI controllers as you care to use.

Very simple and sad reason. The staff window of Cubase shows too small notes and symbols to look at and to edit for my far-sighted (a.k.a. old-sighted) eyes.

For notation users' reference, I uploaded another mp3.
    With no tempo change and no editing at piano roll window, with slurs, tenutos, marcatos, dynamics and haripins written in the score. It's in process now.
    http://www.box.net/shared/029p3jv38d

This file is made using Overture and a mp3 converter, and I guess Finale also could play easily something of this sort.
    Tatsu Nagao

Doralin, this is just great!

Thank you for posting it.
    The Gofriller is very cool!
    Dan

I agree, it is great!

Thanks for posting this!

Roberto

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast