• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt player 2

Share/Bookmark

Question Kontakt player 2

HI!
    I am new to this forum, so hello everyone I have been a GPO user for a year, but I have never posted anything. I have used the forum though, and it has been helpful. Thank you! Now to my question. I have recently switched from PC to mac. Of course I need the update version of Kontakt player 2 for mac intel. But now I am concidering buying the Stradivari. My question is then, -do I need to buy the Kontakt player2 for my GPO if I buy the Stradivari? Or can I use the Kontakt player 2, which comes with the Stradivary, to play my GPO as well? Probably a simple question with a simple answer, I hope anyone can help

Re: Kontakt player 2

its just the one player that plays them both. after you get the strad you'll go to the NI update site and get the new player 2.2.1. i think 2.2.2 is coming out pretty soon, but they use the same player.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by carolinesynvis
    HI!
    I am new to this forum, so hello everyone I have been a GPO user for a year, but I have never posted anything. I have used the forum though, and it has been helpful. Thank you! Now to my question. I have recently switched from PC to mac. Of course I need the update version of Kontakt player 2 for mac intel. But now I am concidering buying the Stradivari. My question is then, -do I need to buy the Kontakt player2 for my GPO if I buy the Stradivari? Or can I use the Kontakt player 2, which comes with the Stradivary, to play my GPO as well? Probably a simple question with a simple answer, I hope anyone can help
    Hi Carolinesynvis,

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it here.

The Stradavari already comes with the Kontakt 2 Player. You have the option with GPO of getting the free update (hopefully available any day from the NI site) or staying with Kontakt 1. If you upgrade, the new version of the library was reprogrammed and integrated with the Kontakt Player 2.

Hope this helps.

Gary Garritan

Thank you both for answering my question! I have come a little further in my "GPO installation to my new system-process", but I´m afraid I bumped into another problem I get a little dizzy with all this registration-update-service center-issues, so I´m happy that there are someone out there who understands more than I do..So I ask you!
    I have now installed the Kontakt Player 2 from NI service center. I can open the KP2 as a standalone and from within Logic. BUT: My system isn´t recogninzing any of the sounds from the library. So,
    Question 1: Is anyone familiar with this problem, or do I have to try installing one more time because something went wrong?

Question2: I thought the universal binary update for intel-macs wasn´t available yet, but the "read me" file in the KP2-folder says that my version is intel compatible. Is that right?

Question3: It seems that the Kontakt Player 2 version of Garritan is a new version, with a new folder named "Kontakt Player 2". If I open the old Garritan-icon, it opens with KP1. So shall I just "throw away" the old "Garritan Personal Orchestra"-folder, or do I need any of the content to run the KP2-version of the program?

Thank you again for helping me. I hope someone can answer this as well!

Lightbulb Re: Kontakt player 2

Hi Gary Garritan, Keithjfuller and the tutorialmakers.

SORRY!! I didn´t do my lesson well before I asked my former question. I oversaw an important message in the installation process, and I didn´t search the forum for help. Later I found the K2 "how to"- tutorial for mac, and it was very helpful. Thank you! Now I finally got my GPO and Kontakt player 2 to work, and it felt like "coming home" playing it again! I just love the way GPO lets me play instruments I´ve always wanted to play, but didn´t have the time or will to learn, like harp for instance. So, thanks again for helping me, I´m very happy now

Caroline Synvis

Go Back to forum