My name is Jeroen Adriaan Buskes and i'm 16 years old. I live in the Netherlands in a very fine province called Limburg. I play the piano for almost 10 years now and i really love doing it, but i wanted to expand my musical creativity. So why not doing it in electronic music composition!
The software i use:
Some of these aren't top-of-the-line products, but it's the music that matters. It would be bad if composers would care more about the sound quality then the composition itself, huh? And while we're talking about music:
- FL Studio 7 (a very fine sequencer if i may say so)
- Altiverb 5 (i command everyone to get this reverb)
- GPO (one of the best and affordable orchestra library i could find)
- JABB (it doesn't fit my genre, but it has VERY useful sounds)
- SOV (it may be old, but it's still beautiful sounding)
- Atmosphere (just.. WOW!!)
- Trilogy (a truly awesome bass library)
- Stylus RMX (the best for those big electronic beats)
I mostly write orchestral stuff with electronic elements mixed in. It's an overdone genre, but it just sounds so cool when done well. My main influence is the Remote Control Productions team. Again, it's very cliché but these people write some of my favorite soundtracks.
Ofcourse, i also listen to superb composers like John Williams, Alan Silvestri, Danny Elfman, etc. but mainly Hans Zimmer, John Powell, etc.
Finally, to bring this (a bit useless) topic to an end:
I'm busy writing a 'showcase' piece so you can hear what i'm capable of! I don't rush my work, and i'm a perfectionist, so.. it could take a while. But you will here from me now and then!