• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: Making RMX sound dry

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Making RMX sound dry

    Hello all

    Does anyone know how I can make RMX kits or loop sound drier? I have the Backbeat Xpander and love it - but in some cases the loops/patterns samples sound too "big". Is there any way I can make it sound "smaller"?

    Thanks

    Charles

  2. #2

    Re: Making RMX sound dry

    You could try to shorten the decay times of the slices and/or locate the ambientslices, put them all in the same editgroup and mute that.

    Hans

  3. #3

    Re: Making RMX sound dry

    Are you saying that some of the slices aren't really "hits" but ambience of previous "hits"?
    JP

  4. #4

    Re: Making RMX sound dry

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymio
    Are you saying that some of the slices aren't really "hits" but ambience of previous "hits"?
    JP
    No, not quite. In EZ Drummer, there is a user toggle for making the kit sound dry, roomy or leaving it at default (somewhere in between). I was wondering if RMX had something similar.

    Charles

  5. #5

    Re: Making RMX sound dry

    when you go thru all the slices in a loop theres a good chance that you might find ambienceonly slices in some of the loops.
    Muting those will make the slices left to them sound dryer.

  6. #6

    Re: Making RMX sound dry

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler
    when you go thru all the slices in a loop theres a good chance that you might find ambienceonly slices in some of the loops.
    Muting those will make the slices left to them sound dryer.
    Thanks, Hans. I'll try that. Seems like a lot of fiddling though...I just might need dryer samples in REX or something and convert them.

    Charles

  7. #7

    Re: Making RMX sound dry

    I like most of the wetter sound of the drums, really sounds nice and bigger, but since it was recored ambiance, you can't really get rid of the room, but maybe just find a different groove with less maybe? EZ drummer is great in the fact that you can control the ambience. I recommend supplementing your acoustic kit anyway, as much as i love backbeat, i have used almost every groove, so gotta keep things fresh
    www.energiestudios.com

  8. #8
    Senior Member Nigel W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Cologne, Germany
    Posts
    676

    Re: Making RMX sound dry

    If you're working in Logic, you could use the Enveloper plugin to lower the level of the envelope decay/release in the audio. It's a bit different to using a gate. You can also pull up the attacks/transients (which is the other end of the same process).

    Nigel

  9. #9

    Re: Making RMX sound dry

    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel W
    If you're working in Logic, you could use the Enveloper plugin to lower the level of the envelope decay/release in the audio. It's a bit different to using a gate. You can also pull up the attacks/transients (which is the other end of the same process)
    Wow! What a fantastic plug-in!

    I've never used it before and have just been playing around with it. Thanks for the introduction Nigel.

    Brilliant!

  10. #10

    Re: Making RMX sound dry

    Hmm...Wonder if there's anything similar in DP 4.6 or Live 6.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •