• Register
  • Help

Topic: Which EZ Expansion first?

Share/Bookmark

Which EZ Expansion first?

I have EZ Drummer and am about to make my first EZD Expander purchase.

I write mostly acoustic contemporary singer/songwriter stuff. So am looking for an expander that can provide those kind of sounds. A brush kit would be nice as well but not as important as an all around, versatile set. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Charles

Re: Which EZ Expansion first?

I have the latin, and Drums from hell expansion, both are good for their own merits, though I am highly looking forward to the nashville expansion coming out very soon, I would recommend taking a good look at this, and maybe waiting a week or 2 till it comes out. howver you can preorder it
    www.energiestudios.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crossingsound
    I have the latin, and Drums from hell expansion, both are good for their own merits, though I am highly looking forward to the nashville expansion coming out very soon, I would recommend taking a good look at this, and maybe waiting a week or 2 till it comes out. howver you can preorder it
    Hmm...since I live here. I probably should wait for that particular thingie

Definately the Vintage, it sounds awsome!

Vintage is nice, especially the cymbals and brushes. If you like an old, dry, sort of dull sound (and many do) that's the one to get. But Nashville is mindblowingly good. It has the most natural room ambiance of any Expansion, works well in pop, rock and country, the hi-hats are fantastic- if I would only have one, that's it. (I have been testing it, so I'm talking from experience )

When it's released I can post some stuff using it.

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Vintage is nice, especially the cymbals and brushes. If you like an old, dry, sort of dull sound (and many do) that's the one to get. But Nashville is mindblowingly good. It has the most natural room ambiance of any Expansion, works well in pop, rock and country, the hi-hats are fantastic- if I would only have one, that's it. (I have been testing it, so I'm talking from experience )

Yeah, you know I really think Nashville has the best players anywhere. It's a crime how these guys aren't better known.

BTW, Fred didn't you have some samples of work you've done with EZ Drummer. Are they still available online?

Thanks

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH

yeah, that was my impression from what i heard of teh vintage, kinda dull and flab old kit. the brushes sounded decent, however nashville is supposed to have hand hits on the drums, which sounded really cool.
    www.energiestudios.com

Quote Originally Posted by denovo

BTW, Fred didn't you have some samples of work you've done with EZ Drummer. Are they still available online?

Thanks

Charles
    I don't think anything with EZ is up- had to make space! But there will be something with Nashville as soon as it's legal *lol* Plus, many others have done some great stuff. Check out Toontracks user forum

Quote Originally Posted by Crossingsound
    yeah, that was my impression from what i heard of teh vintage, kinda dull and flab old kit. the brushes sounded decent, however nashville is supposed to have hand hits on the drums, which sounded really cool.
    Yeah, Vintage is great for just the right kind of old school sound- I mean, it's vintage, right, just like the title! *lol* However it is also incredible for layering in behind the other kits. If you use Vintage, and double it with DFH with the friggin' heck compressed out of it you get this amazing Steely Dan 70's sound. And Nashville does have the hand hits- think John Bonham drum solo Don't know where to use it but it's cool as heck to have.

Go Back to forum