• Register
  • Help

Topic: Are SAM/Giga sounds shredding anyone else's eardrums?

Share/Bookmark

Are SAM/Giga sounds shredding anyone else's eardrums?

I frequently notice that SAM sounds on Giga 3.0 are prone to horrifically loud bursts of static and distortion, usually while a hard drive is waking up from sleep mode. This seems endemic to several SAM libraries (I've experienced it with SAM brass as well as True Strike 2), and isn't something I've experienced with samples from any other manufacturer.

Unfortunately, on my system, this makes SAM sounds unsuitable for headphone monitoring, because the sudden noise is unpredictable and dangerously loud.

Has anyone else experienced this? (And are there any known remedies?)

Re: Are SAM/Giga sounds shredding anyone else's eardrums?

Mike,
    Do a search for "noise", "blast", "white noise", "burst" etc, here and in the gigastudio section. It has been discussed at length, though I'm not sure if a remedy has been found. I myself have experienced it, and believe it has something to do with inconsistencies between audio resolutions in giga/sequencer/sound card. Also, it has been widely experienced in connection to gigapulse, though not exclusively (I think).

I seem to remember a mention somewhere of a 16-bit impulse being used by accident, and having been fixed (If indeed SAM comes with any IR's). You may want to contact Maarten about it.

As well: Blah blah latest GS3 update blah blah....

Let us know if you make any discoveries.

Belbin

Re: Are SAM/Giga sounds shredding anyone else's eardrums?

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    Mike,
    Do a search for "noise", "blast", "white noise", "burst" etc, here and in the gigastudio section. It has been discussed at length, though I'm not sure if a remedy has been found. I myself have experienced it, and believe it has something to do with inconsistencies between audio resolutions in giga/sequencer/sound card. Also, it has been widely experienced in connection to gigapulse, though not exclusively (I think).
    Thanks for the tip. I'll go consult the canon.

I don't use GigaPulse, btw.

Go Back to forum